Chapter 9

Derek's POV

Okay do I don't know why I have to be here. I am involved but seriously, it's not that big of a deal. Besides, is it really the best idea to stay after school, for a problem that involves a teacher, in school?!?

I hope they appreciate that I'm coming, I had to spend 3 minutes convincing my mom to stay after. I wouldn't really tell her what happened, so she thought that it was weird that I wanted to go to the library just to do homework. But, that doesn't matter.

I was walking into the library and I see Rick with May, and a girl I don't know. Great. Someone I don't know, who has the same problem as me. The best way to bond! I sign in at the library, and go sit at the table. May shot a glance and Rick.

"What?" I was confused. "Am I that bad to be around?" she just rolled her eyes.

"Sorry. I'm just not in the best mood today." Great I perfect time to speak with my crush. Yeah, I like her, deal with it.

I wasn't too happy either because, some of the kids in my tech go with me to my next class, so that was fun. We sat there in silence for a good long minute. "Oh. I'm Sarah by the way." so that's what her name was! "Derek." she put out her hand, I starred at it. May nudged my shoulder and eyed my hand to Sarah's. "Oh." I shook her hand. Okay, that was odd.

"Okay." Of course Rick started this thing. "So everyone is in this one way or another. Well Sarah is here because we forced her, but was in his 'presentation' a tiny bit. So the first meeting of this group is now in session!" we all starred at him blankly, but can you blame us. He was like a mini George Washington.

"Ok Ricky, what do you-" he cut May off. "DON'T CALL ME RICKY!"

"But it sounds better. And it suits you more." he was silent, Mr. Words has nothing to say. "Well I think that-" now she cut him off. This is getting heated, I like it! "Would you rather have me call you Ricky or Richard?" he mumbled something, but too soft for any of us to hear. We all leaned in closer. "Sorry. What was that?" I said. "Fine. You can call me Ricky." We all smiled.

The dean came on the loud speaker. "Would the students by the name of Richard Quirth, Sarah Aoli, Derek Sikitery, and MayBell Brookes come down to the Dean's Office. Thank you."