Chapter 17

May's POV

I see my mom and dad outside the car window, and I'm like what? I knew I wasn't crazy until I saw that Jason saw them too. They kept telling us to leave because of someone. I immediately realized who it was, Mr. Larson.

Jason knew that I knew something more, and was going to ask later. I looked around and Sarah, Derek, and Rick even got a clue on what might be going on.

Jason drives us to our houses really quickly to get important stuff. Our first stop was Ricky's house.

Ricky's POV

My house was the first stop. I was really nervous to go inside, because I really wasn't sure what I was going to see. So, Jerome said he would go in with me.

I had a key in my pocket, because my parents said that they were leaving 5 minutes before I came back.

I turned the knob slowly and my hand was shaking, God I hope no one is watching. Jerome puts his hand on my shoulder. "It's okay dood." I opened the door, and I couldn't believe my eyes.

My parents and sister weren't there, because I suppose the police took it away, thank goodness.

I walked up the stairs to my room, and I see my sister's room across the hall. I start to tear up, and turn my head away. Then, I see a note on my bed.

Dear Ricky,

I made this for you in school today in class. The man told me to put it on your bed, because I won't be able to give it to you in person. I don't really know what's going on, but I love you. I'm sorry if I ever annoyed you, and I hope you like the gift. - Josie

Your mother and I love you very much Ricky. The man told us that he will kill us, and there's no use to fight him. Stay strong for us. - Mom and Dad

Jerome is over my shoulder reading the note with me. I wipe my tears away from my face, and he hugs me. "I know it's hard, Ricky. But you heard your parents, stay strong."

His words sink in. They wouldn't want me to be upset forever. But who is this man? I shrug the thought off and on the bracelet that my sister made me. At 7 she's dead. I never thought that she would be dead.

Derek's POV

My house was next, and Mitch agreed to go with me. I was standing in front of my house, just looking at it. I could feel myself getting light headed, so I walk inside.

On instinct I walk into my parents room. Mitch is behind me and catches me as I fall. I was very nauseated, and I stood there for a while. "It's going to be okay." Mitch started to hug me tighter. God I hope no one sees this, and he keeps his mouth shut.

After a couple of minutes, I feel better and I start to walk into my room. There's a note on the door.

Derek,

He has asked me to write a note saying goodbye. So goodbye. As you know, I'm not really good at goodbyes, so we'll call this a see you later. Even though I would get mad and yell at you, I have always loved you and you will always be my little brother. - Lucy

Your father and I love you very much. Where ever you end up, we will be there in spirit. Take care of yourself Derek. - Mom and Dad

After I read the note I put it into my pocket. 'I love you too sis.' I whispered to myself. We get my stuff and I glance at my sister's room. I can see her on her bed smiling at me. What? I smile back and she floats back up into the roof. What?

"Are you okay dood?" I nod my head and I leave my house. Probably for the last time.