Chapter 13

Jason's POV

After we finished at the burger joint, still not too thrilled about that. I really wanted prizza. My phone rang.

"Hello?" it was 911. Did I do something wrong and not know it? "Hi, is this Jason Probst?" man, this dood's voice is deep. "Yes this is him."

"I'm afraid I have some bad news. We have found that your parents are dead." Those words hits me like someone was throwing an anvil at my stomach. "Okay." I croaked. "We are working on the case now. We have examined the house and it's still safe to live in. We ask you to come to the police department tomorrow and 12:00 and that you answer these questions." I answered all the questions that he had and hung up the phone.

So many things were running through my mind right now. How am I going to tell May? Does she already know? How am I going to take care of May?

"Dood, are you okay?" Adam asked me. "Who was on the phone?" I was figuring out how to word this correctly. I finally just broke crying, thank God the car was already pulled over. Between sobs I managed to say,"My parents are dead." I just kept my head buried in my face.

You could feel the silence and emotions in the car. I wasn't sure what to do. I really wanted to pick up May and find out how did this. Adam started to pat my back, which was really awkward. After about 5 minutes I dried my eyes and I started to head towards that school.

My parents are dead. I can't believe it.