Chapter 20

May's POV

I decided to wait 5 minutes before I went in the house. I needed time to prepare myself before I cried my eyes out.

Jason got out of the car and I put hands on my head. Someone pushes my arm and I look up and see that it was Ian. "Look out the window." I raised my eyebrow. "Just do it!" I shrugged and looked out the window.

I saw Jordan, Tyler, and Quentin walking up the driveway. Perfect timing. Mitch went out of the car to talk to them. I look to Sarah and she knows exactly what I'm thinking even though I didn't say anything.

"I'm going to go inside the house." I say while getting out of the car. "Wait!" Adam yelled, and I turned around to face him. "Do you want someone to go in with you?" I shake my head and get out of the car, while sneaking passed Jordan, Tyler, Quentin, and Mitch. And that was surprisingly successful.

Jason left the door unlocked, he still can't lock the door can he? I tiptoe to my room, but I see Jason looking at one of his old hats. How cute, childhood memories!

I make it to my room and I feel like I'm going to cry. I see all of the stuff animals on top of my bed, all of my junk in the closet, and my stripped painted walls. I can't believe that this is it, having to start a new life, with out my parents or knowing where we are going.

I push the thought aside and start to walk around. Something catches the corner of my eye, as I get closer, I realize that it's a black box. On it there's a note.

Do not open! Property of MayBell Brookes!

I don't remember writing this, but by the handwriting, I must of been at least 8. Curiosity got the best of me, and I opened the box. It had a bunch of different stuff inside. It was mostly pictures, but there was a keychain.

I look closer and my Mom, Dad, Jason, and I were on it; with a heart background. I can't remember exactly where it was from, but I put it in my back pocket, because it must have some value. I also pack some stuff animals, some clothes, a secret jar of snacks, and around 10 bottles of apple juice that I've been hiding. I hold back the tears as best as I could, but a few of them fall. I quickly wipe them off, walking towards Jason's room.