Chapter 45

Jason's POV
One month. It's been one month since we have encountered Mr. Larson. One month since we have been at this hospital. One month since the kids have been in a coma. All that time, it had been an endless void of pain and sadness.
I finally got see her, my little sister, again after she was kidnapped. I finally got to hug her, talk to her. That moment made me feel happy, yet devastated. Of course seeing her made me feel like everything will be okay, but also seeing her crippled and in pain, that's what was strange. I wasn't expecting her to come out without a scratch, but I wasn't expecting to see her in the state that she was in. The whole torture process was strange as well, only targeting on section, on the exact same place. That was very uneasy.
As I sit in the waiting, in the exact same spot I always sit, someone takes a seat next to me. I don't bother turning my head, but then there is a poke on my arm. "Jaaaaaaaason!" and its Adam. "What Adam?"
"Come back to us." Come back, when did I leave?
"I'm right here Adam. I'm here for visiting hours, and then go back to the room with you and Ty. I've never left." My voice is groggy from not sleeping.
"But we never see you anymore. You stay here all day, and when you come back, you don't say anything. You just go to bed, not even making eye contact with us." I've never thought of it that way. "Jason, we are concerned for you Ian, Mitch, and Jerome. You've all been acting the same. We understand that this is hard, we know them too. We just don't mope around like you four. You got to live your life. She would've wanted-"
I cut him off right there. "STOP MAKING IT SOUND LIKE THEY'RE DEAD! You don't understand it Adam. I've lost my parents, my sisters in the hospital, the kids lost their parents, and Mitch, Jerome, and Ian have their sister/brother figures in comas too! So don't be that way." My voice cracked so many times during my statements. I knew to some extent that Adam was right, that I can't be spending time not doing anything but cry.
Ironically, I start to cry, but this time it was different. It was like all the anger and sadness was being released, almost felt good. Adam sat there trying to comfort me, without it being awkward. "I'm sorry, for everything." Adam just chuckled. "There's no need to be sorry. Now let's go." I followed him out of the hospital, but took note on how he didn't say the word home. Like they say, home is where the heart is, and in this place, my heart just isn't in it.