Chapter 12

May's POV

*After the almost kiss*

"Can I talk to you alone for a minute, Sarah?" I got up and she followed me into the library.

[(A/N) M= May and S= Sarah. Again laziness! :)]

M- What the heck was that?!?

S- What was what?

M- You interrupting what I was doing.

S- I have no idea what you're talking about.

M- Don't play dumb! You know what I'm talking about! Now tell me why you did it.

S- Okay, okay. I thought it would be funny. And I didn't really want to see my friend kiss another guy in front of my face.

Am I hearing this right?

M- It's something called turning around!!! Well it wasn't funny. Now it's going to be acquired because he almost kissed me but didn't!

It is really hard not to yell right now.

S- I'm sorry. I didn't know that it would be this much of a big deal. In all honesty, I don't mind you kissing someone in front of me, I just used it as a back up. I shouldn't of done that, and I'm sorry.

M- It's okay.

I guess you just have to let it go. Maybe she's right. It probably won't be acquired. Yeah, it won't be acquired at all.

Ricky and Derek walked a couple of minutes after Sarah and I stopped bickering. Now, we were talking about our parents, making us both tear up a bit. Derek sat next to me put his hand on my lap. Okay, I guess. I turned to look at him and he smiled.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked and I nodded. My heart is racing. I follow him to the book cases and I sit down on one of those stool things.(sorry I don't the exact name for it. And I'm doing the symbols again.)

D- I wanted to ask you something.

M- Sure. What's up?

D- Well you see I wanted to know if you wanted to be my uh....well you don't have to.

M- Derek?

D- Yes?

M- Spit it out.

D- What? Spit what out?

M- Never mind. Just say what you want to say.

D- Oh! Right. I wanted to know if you wanted to be my girlfriend.

My heart started to slowly reach my throat. He wants me to be his girlfriend. I need to say something, or he's going to think I'm an idiot.

M- Yes. I will be your girlfriend.