Chapter 18

Sarah's POV

Since my house is down the street from May's house, they dropped Ian and I off at my house. I was really nervous to see the inside, but what from Ricky and Derek told me, it's just the house, but empty. I don't know what's worse.

We get to the top of the stairs, and my stuff is already outside. Weird. I want to see the inside of my house again for one last time, but I can't get the foot open. "It's jammed." I say as Ian helps me with the door.

"God, did your mom glue it or something?" I was about to answer, then I saw a note on the suit case. It read:

Dear Sarah,

I don't have much time, so I will give the information I can. The person here is your a female with long brown hair and green eyes. She has a scar that runs across her forehead. She says that she's working for a mission, but she won't say what. I love you, be safe my darling- Mom.

I look at the note, memorizing it. "We should call the cops." Ian begins."We have a description of one person involved." He reaches for his phone, and I slap his arm. He gives me 'what did you do that for?' look. "We should ask everyone else before we call the cops." He thinks about it, and agrees. I started to feel light headed and I sat down on a step. I wanted to see my house again. I wanted to smell that smell again before we left. I wanted to see my mom's room again. But I can't because that lady glued the door.

That lady took away what mattered most, my mother. The one that didn't leave me when my dad did. The one that raised me, and loved me. And that thing took that away. I put my head in my hands and started to cry.

Ian sat down next to me and hugged me. "I know it doesn't seem like it now, but it's going to be okay. Trust me."