Ch6 - Such a big word.

What The Hell?!

Chapter 6

~Such a big word.~

Bella's POV

"Dad, I'm not getting married! I'm just twenty-one years old, for God's sake!"

"Bella, we will talk about this politely. I will cut off your tongue if you use profane language in front of me again," dad scolded me strictly.

"Sorry, dad. Go on." I nibbled on my lips, my legs bouncing anxiously.

"As I was saying, you will get married after you graduate in college."

"Can I ask why and with whom?"

Fuck! I'm going to be tied down at the age of twenty-two?

"Well, I can't tell you who until you meet him tomorrow. This is an agreement between his father and I. Your marriage to this particular boy will strengthen both our companies." I glanced at my mom, and she was beaming with happiness.

Oh, shit! So, I'm like the key to success of our business?

Fucking pathetic!

"I know you're going to shit bricks" –my dad paused, using air quotations– "because of what I told you, but I'm sure you're going to cope just fine."

"I..."

Since when did I even suffer from loss of words?

"I expect you tomorrow morning at eight am sharp dressed appropriately. You're going to meet your soon to be in-laws and soon to be husband so that mouth needs to tone down."

"Okay," I murmured.

My father dismissed me, and I went to my bedroom. I sat on the floor, my back resting against my bed. I tried processing what was happening, but I couldn't seem to wrap my head around it.

Marriage. Such a big word.

I snatched my phone inside the pocket of my pants and dialed Rose's number. She's the only person keeping me sane now a days.

"Don't tell me you're going to bitch again?" came Rose's voice on the other line.

"Wow, Rose. You really had the perfect words to comfort me," I heaved a sigh.

"Sorry! It's something bad, isn't it?" she asked, her voice laced with worry.

"More likely the worst," I deadpanned.

"Uh-oh. Worse than the douche bag who stole your latte?"

"I could care less about him now, Rose."

"Tell me about it," she pressed.

"I'm getting married after I graduate college."

"Like a fucking arranged marriage?"

"Fucking yes, Rose!" I chuckled humourlessly.

"Nah, I'm sure you'll be fine. Uncle Charlie's not going to arrange you with some jerk."

"Wow. I can't believe you're team Charlie now?"

"Bella, I'm sure it'll be fine," she assured me.

"I really hope so," I mumbled, ending the call and hoping to hell she was right.

A/N: Oooh! Feistyella just experienced 'loss of words', and Jerkward haven't made another appearance yet... I really need to know what is on your mind!! Thanks so much for the amazing and encouraging words you have written on the comment box! Love yah! (:

Don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT

See yah!

xoxo