Chapter (5)

Zeynep wanted to leave the party. She didn't want to stay one more minute. She was looking for Bulut when some of the waitresses told her that her boyfriend in waiting for her inside the house.

She was annoyed by it because he promised her to not leave her side and now he was God knows where. She followed the waitress inside. Then when they reached a staircase the waitress told her to go up stairs.

A feeling of dread was filling her and she was having a bad feeling about the whole situation, but she was so exhausted to dwell on it and just wanted to find Bulut and go home.

She went up stairs. The floor was mostly dark. She called for Bulut multiple times but no answer. She found a slightly opened door and pushed it.

It was a large hall with high ceiling and no furniture, the light was dim and air was cold and heavy. Or maybe it was just how her heart felt in that moment.

She stood in the middle of the hall. hairs prickling on the back of her neck, she swallowed nervously and called one more time..
"Bulut" (bulut means a cloud btw."

"No, I think it's going to be a sunny day küçüğüm" Emir said from behind her. Zeynep froze completely.

She shoke her head multiple times trying to get rid of the voice she just heard. Was she going crazy?

"You are not hallucinating Küçüğüm. I'm very much real" Emir came to stand in front of her. They looked into each others eyes for the first time in five years.

Zeynep was in a sever panicky mode but she managed to say his name. Her voice was wavering, eyes wide open.

"E..Emir"

"In flesh" Emir replying with a small smirk.

"You're here?"

"Why do you look surprised? I didn't come back from the dead you know. I was just in prison and very much alive"

Zeynep couldn't reply. She just stood there gaping at him.

"You just knew about me my little one ?? And here I thought you'll welcome me with open arms. Didn't you miss me Küçüğüm??" He said sarcastically.

"I.. I.. didn't know" She stuttered unable to come out with a complete sentence.

"Well, I'm sure your precious brother knows.. I'll keep tabs on my enemy if I were him.. What? he didn't tell you? The perfect engineer kept such a huge truth from you? Tse.. Tse.. Tse ahh Kamal ah" Emir was saying all these things walking in circles around her.

Then he stopped in front of her looking into her tearful, troubled eyes.
...

Zeynep was paralyzed. She didn't know what to do or feel. Her feelings were all over the place. She was scared, shocked, happy and sad all at the same time.

Her feelings were conflicted between wanting to slap him on the face or hug him. Yes they've parted on bad terms but he is still Emir the love of her life. She cut off her line of thinking immediately, shutting down what her heart was telling her.

Zeynep wasn't the old Zeynep. She wasn't weak or fragile. She composed her self and stood face to face with the man that gave her and her family so much pain. She looked at him fiercely like she used to do before. Maybe she had changed a lot but she didn't lose her fire.

One corner of Emir's lips raised in a small smirk. He almost looked proud of the girl in front of him. His strong little one.

"So, You got out of prison?" Zeynep asked.

"Obviously" Emir replied sarcastically.

"How long have been out?"

"Am I in the intorigation room again? And here I thought I'm a free man"
Zeynep was furious now.

"Emir be serious. What are you doing here? What am I doing here? Was this a plan? This party? The invitation? Was it all a plan to bring me here? To taunt me?" Her body was shaking with  uncontained rage. Emir gave her a fake laugh and shoke his head.

"Don't give yourself too much importance küçüğüm. Still so fill of yourself I see. You didn't change much"

"And you didn't change either you still an erogant son of bitch"

"Language Küçüğüm. Your class is going very low right now. This is not appropriate for a Kozguoglu wife"

"What are you talking about I'm not your wife. We're devorced...."

"No .. YOU devorced me while your precious brother sent to prison" Emir was yelling now.

Zeynep screamed at his as well.
"Your crimes and evilness what sent you to prison no one else.. You're still the same.. Never admitting your mistakes. Mistakes that cost us the most precious thing in our life, It cost us.... "

" Don't you dare finish that sentence" He interrupted her raising his finger in her face leveling her with a murderous look.

Zeynep didn't back down. And just right then they heard Bulut calling her name. Cutting their heated argument.

Bulut entered the hall and walked towards them. Emir took a step back and Zeynep composed her self quickly but she was boiling  inside.

Bulut came to her side and put his hand on the small of her back.

"Zeynep, What are you doing here? I was looking for you" Then he noticed her body shaking and asked.
"Are you okay?" Zeynep assured him that she was fine and was actually looking for him too. Emir was observing the encounter intently.

Then Bulut looked at Emir and introduced himself to him stretching his hand for a shake. Emir looked at him for a minute and took his hand introducin himself as well.

"Oh .. So you are Emir Kozcuoglu? .. I just heard about you from some business men down stairs I also knew that you're our host.. Thank you for the invitation"

"It's hard to believe that you just heard about me.. I'm well know in this city. To your friend as well" Emir said pointing his gaze to Zeynep.

Bulut looked at her surprised
"Do you know each other?"

"Y..yes. Emir bey and my brother were a business partners once" When Emir noticed that she didn't elaborate more and just introduced him as an ex- business partner of her brother he knew that his little one was hiding somethings from her new boyfriend.

He decided to play with her nerves a bit and said.
"Not just that. Kemal bey was married to my sister too"

Emir stopped at that noticing Zeynep's distress. Zeynep looked at him heatedly. The smug bastard was takeing pleasure in torturing her.

"Oh I didn't know that.. pardon me Emir bey, I was living out of Turkey for the past ten years I returned two years ago. So aperantly I missed a lot of events in this country"

Emir smiled at him fakely. He actually wasn't paying attention to what Bulut was saying cause he was in the middle of a staring contest with Zeynep.

Zeynep removed her eyes from Emir and told Bulut that she doesn't feel well and she wanted to go home.

Bulut excused himself and thanked Emir for the invitation and a greed to meet with him again to discuss business. Zeynep couldn't wait to get out of this place fast enough.

She left the house thinking about the disastrous evening she just had.

Her brother and mother have some explaining to do for sure.

......

Don't forget to vote and comment to let me know what you guys think.