Chapter (36)

Few days passed Zeynep and Emir were trying to find their way back to each other. Zeynep was able to see the development in his character. Even his mother was thrilled. Emir was healing. Both were healing. In spite of all the pain they endured. It was worth it.

.....

Kemal was still not over the fact that his sister is living with his biggest enemy now. He somewhat felt betrayed but also worried about her. But he trusted her judgment this time. She was a growing woman and has her own mind after all.

He was coming home on day and his mother opened the door.

"Welcome son..I have a surprise for you" his mother said happily.

"What is it Mother. Where's Deniz?"

"Deniz is fine, handsom" a familiar voice came from the inside. He knew that voice. Mercan.. she's back.

"So, tell me. What brought you here? Are you back for good" Kemal asked her while sitting around the table eating dinner in his house.

"I don't know. I'm tracking an evidence. You know. About my family"

"So, Finally you decided to look into the case?"

"Yeah. I found a new evidence and I reopened the case. It lead me right here. To istanbul"

"You need any help?"

"Of course. That's why I'm here. You wear the detective personality better than me" everyone laughed.

Kemal helped his mother with the dishes while Mercan was playing with Deniz.

"What a beautiful girl. So respectful"

"Umm" Kemal responded.

"And she seems really good with Deniz"

"Mother.. what are you aiming at"

"I just want you to be happy"

"Mother. I buried my happiness with Nihan. There's no other woman for me"

"But you're still young son. Deniz still very little. And I won't live for ever"

"Mother..."

"Just give yourself a chance.. I'm not telling you to forget Nihan. But even Nihan would want you happy"

"No one can make me happy after her Mom"

"I know. I'm not telling you to love again but you need a companion. You'll need one when you grow up. Think about it"

"Ah mother" Kemal sighed hugged his mother then both went back to the living room enjoying the evening.

Kemal didn't really know what future hides for him but he'll enjoy his time with his daughter as much as he can.

......