Chapter (31)

It's been two weeks now.. two weeks since he last saw her. She even stopped replying to his messages and calls.

Emir tried to visit her that day but she refused to see him. He was so devastated. He ended up laying on his mother's bed, his head in her lap while she caressed his hair.

"She refused to see me" Emir complained like a small child.

"It's been only two weeks son. Give her time"

"The house is dull and boring"

"I know baby.. but I didn't know that you love her that much" his mother said and Emir froze. Love. Does he love her?

"Mom. Do you think I can love again? Someone other than Nihan?"

"I think you're already in love with Zeynep sweatheart. You just need to realize it. I think deep in you soul you already know that too.. so tell me. Do you love her?"

Emir didn't answer for a few seconds then said it "Yes. I love her"

"Then you need to tell her that"

"I can't.. It's hard for me mother. I don't even know If she would believe me ?"

"Let her be the judge of that"

"Do you think I deserve happiness mother?"

"Of course you do baby"

"After all my crimes?? Nihan died because of me mother. I got her killed. I burned a lot of souls. How can I deserve happiness?"

"Just the fact that you're admitting your mistakes makes you worthy of a second chance. You're on the first steps of redemption son.. Nihan's death wasn't your fault. It was meant to happen, no one could've stopped it. And your time in prison was enough punishment. Now you have a chance to be happy. With a woman whose really loves you. Don't waist it"

"I need to fix things"

"Yes .. you should. Starting with your father and sister"

"What about them?"

"Have you thought about visiting them? Your self redemption starts from there son.. make amends with yourself then with Zeynep"

Emir thought about that several times but he didn't have the courage to do it. He's still mad at his father and sister. He's still mad at himself. But he have to get rid of the past. He have to get closure if he wanted to start over.

....

Emir went to prison too see his father. He was still mad at him but he also missed him very much. Emir asked to see him in the manger's office so he can talk to him face to face with out a class barrier seperating them.

Emir was so nervous sitting waiting for his father when suddenly the door opened and his father accompanied by a guard came in.

"Son?" Galip was so surprised. To see his son they hugged for a few seconds.

"How are you father?"

"I'm so good son.. I'm so happy you came to see me"

Galip was so excited. He couldn't control his tears. Emir looked at him and took him in. His father looked thinner and older. His head and beard were all grey. His father still needs a few years to finish his time in prison. Emir was so mad at him before but seeing him like that broke his heart. He was his father after all.

"How are you son? How was your time on prison? How is your leg? Your sister? Tell me"

"Easy Dad. Easy. Let me answer you"

"I'm sorry son I'm so excited.. I thought I'll never see you again"

"I'm fine. I got out earlier. And now I'm working on getting our legacy back. I thought that would make you happy"

Galip shook his head.
"No. I don't care about our legacy.. I only care about you. Live son. Live your life. Don't waist it with our legacy.  It's not important anymore. And please stay away from Kemal?"

"Well, depends"

"What do you mean?"

"His sister is my wife and I'm not planning to divorce her so I think Kemal is in my life whether I liked it or not"

"Why are you still married to his sister son. You're still trying to win this war??"

"No. Dad. Zeynep has nothing to do with this. Me and Kemal both lost Nihan father. We both lost. There is no winner here. I'm just trying to get my life together"

"With his sister?"

"She's my wife and I'm planning to keep her that way"

"What's so special about this girl Emir?" His father asked but Emir didn't answer."Okay don't answer. I think I know. Just stay away from troubles. Now tell me how is your sister?"

Emir visited his sister earlier that day. Before going to his father. He didn't see much of her. Her condition became worse throughout the years. She became so violent and was hurting the patients so the doctors were keeping her sedated all the time. Yes, his sister killed Nihan but he felt sorry for her. He loved his sister. He cursed their bad luck. Cursed their young parents for destroying them. He had lost his sister along time ago. And that's it. This was their destiny.

...

Galip was so sad when he knew about his daughter's condition. He plamed himself every day. But he can't do anything to fix it. It was too late.

Emir talked to his father for some time then left promising to visit him again. Emir was so surprised to know that his father and Tariq were getting along just fine at prison. They were practically friends now. It happened one time after Galip got a heart attack and Tariq saved his life. After that they became civil and now they were almost friends.

Emir laughed at the irony of it. The Kozcioğlus and the Soyderes are bound together with love and hate bonds for internity. It's weird how their lifes are so tangled together.
His sister's love for Kemal. The war with Kemal over Nihan and Deniz. Tariq and his father. It was such a mess. And lately. His love for Zeynep. Yes he loves her he can admit it to himself so openly now. It was so refreshing and freeing. But right now he have to get Zeynep back. And then he'll show her how much she means to him.

....