Chapter (13)

The following day Zeynep was at school. She noticed that some of her colleagues were looking at her in a weird way whispering among themselves.

She ignored them mostly but the nagging feeling of worry didn't leave her the whole day. When she got home she found her mother and brother sitting in the living room. She greeted them but they didn't answer.

They were looking at her with disappointment.
"What happened?" She asked worriedly.

"You promised me Zeynep, you promised" Kemal told her while coming in her direction holding a newspaper in his hand. Her mother had tears in her eyes. Zeynep felt a bit scared.

"What are you talking about brother?" He handed her the newspaper and what she saw on the front page was horrifying.

On half of the page was a picture of her and Emir leaving the café. What was horrifying is not the picture itself it was what was written above (Emir kozguoglu, hair of Kozcuoglu family was cought sneaking out of a café with his ex wife and the sister of his Enemy Kemal Soydere. Zeynep Soydere is engaged to the young business man Bulut Girey. And there wedding is due next week. What's Zeynep soydere doing with her ex husband before her wedding?. Is this an attempt from Kozcuoglu to recandle their past relationship?).

Zeynep couldn't read anymore she couldn't stand anymore. She sat on a chair and looked at her family.

"He just wanted to talk. He said it was important. I promised you brother and I'm not going to break that promise. I swear to you I didn't do anything wrong. Please believe me"

Zeynep explained in a broken voice. Tears flowing down her face. Kemal kneeled in front of her and grabbed her hands.

"Look Zeynep. You shouldn't have gone with him. God knows maybe that photographer was working for him. Listen we know you, we know your mistakes and weakness. We don't need an explanation now. The one who needs it right now is Bulut"

Zeynep frozed in her chair. Eyes wide open. (Oh my god Bulut, he wasn't supposed to know about the truth like this. Not in this terrible way. She needs to talk to him right now)

Zeynep went to Bulut's house. She tried to call him several times but he didn't answer. She nocked at his door and Bulut opened it. It was so obvious that he knew about the news. Zeynep wanted the ground to swallow her because of the way he looked at her. It was a look of hurt and disappointment.

He let her inside and both stood in an awkward silence. Then Bulut spoke "Why didn't you tell me? You had many chances before Zeynep"

"Bulut. I wanted to tell several times. I just couldn't find the courage to do it" Zeynep has tears in her eyes.

"He was your husband?"

"N..Not just that. We almost had a child but we lost him" Bulut laughed humerlessly not believing what he just herd.

"You were pregnant too?"

"That was a long time ago Bulut"

"Zeynep. I'm not mad because you were married before I already know that I'm mad because you didn't tell me it was Emir. I invited him to our engagement Zeynep. What else huh? what hidden truths about my future wife that I don't know about? Huh? talk Zeynep"

"Bulut I just didn't want you to look at me differently" Zeynep was crying openly now.

"Why would I look at you differently Zeynep?"

"Cause I did horrible things in the past. Things that destroyed everyone around me. I was scared if you knew about the kind of person I was you would hate me. And probably leave me. I didn't want to loose you"
Bulut's rage subsided.