Chapter (33)

Emir went to the Soydere house to see Zeynep. Her pregnancy made him so determinant to get her back but he knows that she's so stubborn. He can easily threaten her and manipulate her using her child to break her down. But No.. he's not that man anymore. It's not the Emir she wants. He has another plan. He'll make her come back to him willingly. He's not the old Emir but He's still Emir. Playing fair is not his style.

He nocked at the door and Fahima opened.

"What are you doing here?.. go away. . Stay away from my daughter"

"Let me see her"

"She doesn't want to see you"

"Fahima hanim. . Please.. I just want a minute with her"

Fahima was shocked by his politeness so she let him in. Fortunately Kemal wasn't home.

Emir went inside and found Deniz playing with her dolls. Fahima went to summon her daughter.

"Şeker burtkal? How are you?" Emir said to the little girl.

"I'm fine, do you want to play?"

"Yes if you let me"

"Emir?" Zeynep was looking at him shocked by his presence. She was so nervous. After his half confession and the kiss she was so confused and a little happy. But she won't give up to him easily.

He raised his head and looked at. It was two days since that night. Since he found out she's pregnant. Now she looked different in his eyes. She was carrying his baby. Again. She looked different, but beautiful nonetheless.
Emir got up from his position beside Deniz and went to her.

"Hey.. how are you?"

"What are you doing her Emir.. I told you I'll talk to you when I'm ready"

"And I gave you enough time"

"Seriously Emir? A couple of weeks are not enough to make me forget what you did" she said the last part loudly making Deniz jump.

Zeynep felt ashamed for scaring the little girl, so she took Emir and went to her room. They went inside and closed the door.

"So this is your room. Nice. What happened to your old house?"

Zeynep took a deep breath and replied.
"After my father passed away. Mom couldn't live there without remembering him all the time.

Besides. Kemal needed someone to take care of Deniz so I was here all the time. So we just moved in. We still keep our old house though... What?  Why are looking at me like that?"
.
Emir was looking at her from head to toe "Umm. Nothing but.. have you gained some weight Kugugum?"
Emir asked innocently and Zeynep froze. 

She tried to not look at her belly and attract his attention. She cleared her voice and said.

"So what? My mom feeds me a lot. So"
She looked at him heatedly challenging him to say something.

There eyes locked and the tension became heavy between them. Emir took a few steps towards her. He was so close.  Zeynep tried to step back but he held her. Her put his arms around her waist and pulled her to his chest.

"Emir. What are you doing. Let me go"

"I just came to say good bye" Zeynep tensed.

"What? Where are you going?"

"I'm not going anywhere but I've thought alot. And you were right" he was whispering to her skin.

"About what?" She replied. He eyes started to close on their own.

"We can't live like that. This war. This hate. It won't end. So, if you want a divorce. I'll give it to you"

(WHAT??!!) Zeynep thought. Shocked.
She pushed him away from her. Raising her eyebrows.

"Are you serious?"

"What? I thought you'll be happy" Emir said innocently.

She cleared her throat and scratched her forehead not knowing what to say. So, he's okay with divorcing her?? Alright. Maybe this is for the best.

She raised her head hight and looked at him "Okay.. let's divorce"

"Okay"

"Okay"

They stood silent for a minute then Emir said.
"Come to the company tomorrow. We'll talk with a good lawyer. He'll end it discreetly without delay"

(So, the Basterd already planned it) Zeynep thought.

"Okay. I'll come tomorrow"

"Aha. And I'll be waiting"

...

Emir left the house barely able to suppress a laugh. Oh man she was so shocked. His little one doesn't know that she's bound to him for life.

...

Zeynep sat at her bed shocked and furious. He wants to divorce her. After that confession. After that kiss. What an asshole.

But may be this is for the best. They need more than just a physical attraction to build a life. They need love and loyalty and respect. Emir can't give her that.

They better divorce but she felt sorry for her baby. She was so used to heart breaks. But her baby. What was his fault? She couldn't stop the tears anymore.

.......