Chapter (18)

It was the end of the school day and Zeynep went looking for Deniz so they can go home. She went to the garden but she didn't find her. She looked everywhere but Deniz was nowhere.

Zeynep panicked and was about to call her brother when suddenly she saw Deniz sitting on one of the benches on the other side of the street and sitting beside her was Emir.

Zeynep run to them trying to not look very panicked for Deniz's sake.

"Deniz. Hey what are you doing here? I told you to not leave school without me and to never speak to strangers" She said the last part glaring at Emir. Emir wasn't affected.

Deniz smiled "Auntie. This not a stranger. He said he knows mommy. And he promised to tell me everything about her"

Zeynep was horrified. She looked ar Emir with a murderous look.
Zeynep returned to Deniz.

"Look baby no one knows your mommy better than daddy. If you want to know anything about her ask him"

"But Emir told me that he'll take me to a picnic too. Can I go with him?"

"NO" Zeynep practically yelled.

"I mean baby we don't know this man so we can't go anywhere with him okay. Why don't you go to the school and collect your things and then we will go home" Zeynep helped Deniz to cross the street and watched her until she was in the building then she turned around and went to Emir screaming at him.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?"

"Don't scream there's kids around. They don't want to see their miss going nuts"

"Shut up Emir. And tell me, Was this your plan? you want Deniz? Emir why are you doing this? The war has ended. Nihan is gone. What do you want from us?"

"Your brother took everything from me" Emir said angrly.

"Oh that again. You keep repeating this over and over like a broken record. What did my brother took from you? Huh? He only took what was already his. You never owned anything neither Nihan nor Deniz..."

"Don't say one more word"
Emir said raising his finger in her face.

"Why because I'm saying the truth? Stop blaming others for once and start looking at your own mistakes" Emir came closer to her. His eyes pours fire
"You'll pay for what you just said Zeynep"

"Gladly" Zeynep replied meeting his stare with the same intensity.

Emir was so angry about what Zeynep said because he knows that it was all true. He knows that. But he can't do anything about it. It was too late. He knows that he never owned Nihan or Deniz and now he just wants something he can call his. And he'll make sure he gets it. And mostly he wants to beat Kemal one more time.
Him going to Deniz school today wasn't random. He wanted them off balance. He wanted them scared.  That will prepare him for the next level of his plan.

Zeynep didn't tell her family about Emirs visit. And told Deniz to not say anything about the man she talked to. Zeynep knew what Emir was trying to do. He was using Deniz against Kemal. Just like he did with her and Tariq. If Kemal knew about Emir's talk with deniz he'll lose his mind and do something stupid. He could probably get himself in a big trouble. And that's exactly what Emir is aiming at. So, No she won't tell her brother for now, Emir can't do anything.
If only she was right. This is Emir. He can do anything he wants. Just like when he ruined he wedding.

......

It was Deniz birthday and everyone was happily preparing for Deniz's party. Zeynep was supposed to leave school early that day with Deniz.
She went to Deniz's class but she couldn't find her. She went to the garden, the street but also nothing.