Chapter (21)

Next morning Zeynep woke up late. She didn't have school so it was okay. Also she couldn't sleep much. She went down to eat something and found Ece already prepared her  breakfast. Emir was home too، which really surprised her. She planned to avoid him but apparently he doesn't share the same idea with her. She really expected him to keep a bigger distance after last night.

Zeynep was deep in her thoughts when she heard his voice behind her. "Good morning Kucugum"

"Um.. good morning" Zeynep avoided looking at his eyes.

For some reason she felt awkward. Last night kiss wasn't their first. So why does she feel like a little girl who gotten kissed by her crush for the first time?.

Both stood in an uncomfortable silence. It looks like Emir is feeling the same awkwardness. The Sexual tension was blazing so she just decided to go back upstairs and never
leave her room.

In the evening they were all having dinner, Her, Emir and his mother. During the dinner Emir and his mother were having a light conversation but Zeynep stayed silent. His mother felt the tension in the room, So she excused herself leaving them alone. Emir looked at her.

"So, we're not talking about last night?"

"Um. Why?  What happened last night?"

Emir hummed "So we are not talking about last night, I see"

"No we are not"

"Aha, that's why you were hiding in your room all day?"

"I wasn't hidding"

"Zeynep. It's not the first time we kiss you know, so don't get so worked up"

"I'm not worked up. We were both out of our minds. And slightly drunk so it didn't mean anything" Zeynep said feeling exasperated.

Their eyes locked and in that moment both knew that it was a lie. It did mean something. And something deep. But they didn't want to admit.

Emir was scared she'll find her way through his walls again although she has always been there but he can't admit it to himself. And Zeynep was scared he'll find his way under her skin again, as if he ever left it.
But how long are they going to stay living in denial??.

.....

With time Zeynep was getting used to her new life as a Kozcuoglu. She was more involved in the house and more familiar with the staff and the guards. Even Emir. He was so tentative to her. Always asking her about her day and how she was feeling. Also he always made sure she has every thing she needs. Which was really confusing. He wasn't supposed to be so kind and caring. What was he trying to do? She remembered the few days she lived with him as his wife in the past. It wasn't alot but she remembered that he was treating her nicely too. Maybe because she was pregnant with his child. God knows. She's not sure of anything when it's concerning Emir. But at least he's not bothering her or insulting her. She kind of liked this new version of himself and they were talking more often without yelling at each other, which was really good concedering how their usual conversations goes.

They have never spoken about that kiss, but the sexual tension was still present though.

.....

Zeynep tryed to reach to her family multiple times but they refused to talk to her. Her only connection to them was Deniz. She sees her almost every day at school and that was giving her alot of happiness. The little girl was a ray of sunshine.

Zeynep was on her way home from school one day when her phone rang. It was Bulut. Zeynep was surprised. They haven't called each other since that day when they broke up so it must be important.

She answered. "Bulut? Hey"

"Hi Zeynep. How are you?"

"Um.. I'm good. You?"

"I'm good too. I just wanted to see you it you had time. I'm leaving Turkey tomorrow. I.. I just wanted to say good bye. So if you're up to it I'm in our usual café" Bulut rambled and it was so obvious that he was nervous.

Zeynep agreed to meet him and told the driver to change direction.

Zeynep arrived at the café and found Bulut sitting there waiting for her. He greeted her and both sat down.
Zeynep really missed him. She missed their easy friendship.

"So. You're leaving?" She started.

"Yes.. I'm going back to London. My father got sick. I have to be there and take care of the family business"

"Oh. I'm so sorry Bulut. I hope he'll be alright"

"Thank you. Now tell me about you. I heard that you're living with Emir now. Did you two made up?"

"Bulut.. it's not like that. I have to be close to Emir to get him to divorce me. He won't agree to do it. So I thought maybe I could ...."

"Zeynep. You don't have to explain anything to me. I understand. And don't be on a hurry about the divorce thing. You don't know. Maybe you won't need it eventually"
Zeynep didn't reply. Then he continued, taking her hand in his.

"Look Zeynep, Maybe we weren't meant to be but you should know that I love you very much. I'll always do. And whenever you need me I'll be here.. just promise me you'll take care of yourself and be happy Zeynep. You're more beautiful when you smile" They both chuckled and Zeynep looked at him with gratitude.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. For everything" she said.

Zeynep didn't know what to say more. Bulut is a good man, The best man she had ever known, even after what happened he's still thinking about her happiness. They talked a little more. When it was time for them to leave they hugged. Both had tears in their eyes. Tears for the future they didn't have the chance to discover.

Bulut was leaving. Out of her life and the country. Her meeting with Bulut was so heavy yet it was nice. She missed him and now she had to say goodbye to him. Forever. It wasn't easy for Bulut either, that much was obvious.

Zeynep left the café and got in the car not aware of the angry eyes that were watching her from a far.

........