Chapter (23)

The next few days were tense. Zeynep and Emir haven't talked since that day in his study room. Zeynep was giving him the silence treatment and he was looking like a kicked puppy all the time. Something stirred inside of him that day.

He thought a lot about what Zeynep told him. He never felt more ashamed of himself like he did that day. Yes he knows that he hurt her, but he never thought about the impact it left on her life. Emir was raised differently, his life was harsh. He had everything he could possibly need. Money, leverage,  power, everything but he was lacking a lot of other things. He just wanted love, compassion and loyalty. And no one gave it to him neither his mother nor his father. Not even Nihan. No one but her. She gave him what he was craving all his life and he treated her badly. He didn't appreciate it. Didn't appreciate HER, 'Cause he didn't know how. He had never received That much of unconditional love before; therefore he didn't know how to handle it. That's why he kept pushing her until she reached her limits. Until they lost their way back.
But he'll fix it. He'll try to redeem her fath in him. He knows He can't fix everything.  He can't bring Nihan back and apologies to her, he can't save his sister or his father. But he can fix this.  He can save this relationship. He can save this marriage. And he got a plan. He'll start from the beginning.

......

Emir was sitting at his office in the holding when his lawyer came to him.

"Good afternoon Emir bey"

"Good afternoon.  What is it Mr. Akarsu?"

"I just received those papers from your wife's lawyer. She's filed for divorce. So we should discuss it if you have time"

Emir couldn't her anything else after
The word Divorce. He was shocked. So, Zeynep wants to divorce him. He have to up his game and start his plans earlier than he thought.

He went home that day but didn't say anything. He told Ece to tell Zeynep to prepare herself tomorrow, that he'll take her somewhere.

Zeynep ignored the request. She's not going with him anywhere. He can ho to hell. Alone.

Emir arrived home and went straight to Zeynep's room. He found her sitting on the sofa reading a book.

"You're not ready yet?" Emir asked.

"I'm not going anywhere with you Emir" Zeynep replied not looking at him.

Emir went closer to her and snatched the book out of her hands.

"Hey.. I was reading that"

"Get ready.. We're going"

"I'm not going anywhere with you. I'm divorcing you Emir.. it's over"

"Okay.. come with me just this time. and I'll leave you alone after that"

Zeynep huffed and got up "Fine.. give me a few minutes".

....

Emir stopped the car in front of the last place Zeynep could have ever expected. The place that she resented the most. That hotel. The hotel where she had experienced her first heart break. The place were she has lost her sweet innocent self. She was feelings angry, Sad, Broken, and ashamed. She looked at Emir with broken eyes and with a quivering voice asked him.

"What are we doing here Emir? Why did you brought me her? I want to go home, please" suddenly feeling like a little girl.

Emir looked at her softly and said in a calm voice.
"Please don't be scared. I'm not going to hurt you Zeynep. Just trust me"

"I don't Emir. I don't"

"Zeynep. I promise.. after this I won't bother you again, just leave yourself to me"