Chapter (20)

Zeynep and Emir haven't talked much. She saw him once at one morning but they didn't exchange much words.
One night she woke up to the sound of groans and grunts of pain. The sound was coming from Emir's room. They were an indication of his restless sleep. He was having nightmares.

Zeynep understood that whatever Emir may have done to her she didn't want him in pain. She didn't have the heart to leave him to his demons. So she went to his room and found him tossing and sweating. She sat beside him on the bed and touched his forehead softly then she felt him still. Zeynep was about to get up when he grabbed her wrist. He opened his eyes and looked at her.

"What happened to the no touching rule?" He asked her in his husky, tired voice. Zeynep swallowed.

"You were having a nighmare, does it happen more often?" Emir just looked at her without answering. Pain was his companion for along time. He had a very troubled past. His childhood, His defected family, Nihan's death and the souls of the people he tormented. They all were weighing at him. Zeynep couldn't sleep that night. She felt bad for him and she hated herself for feeling that.

Next day was Friday. Zeynep didn't have school so she decided to just sit outside in the garden and chill. Ece brought her a glass of lemonade. Savaş, Emir's man came to her and told her that Emir bey is requesting her presence in his study.

"Really? Since he asked nicely. Tell him No."

"He told me to tell you (please)" Savaş said.

Zeynep huffed smiling and stood. She went to Emir's study and got inside. Her eyes went to the woman sitting on one of the chair. She was tall and blonde wearing a short, black dress. Zeynep didn't like her on sight.

"That's all Ebru you can leave now" Emir said.

"Are you going to come to the barty tonight Emir bey?" The woman asked.

"Yes. We will be there" he said looking at Zeynep. (so, finally he noticed me.) Zeynep thought.

The women was about to leave when Zeynep looked at her from head to toe. Then the women introduced herself.
"I'm Ebru Emir's bey secretary". Zeynep raised her head high and shock the woman's extended hand saying.

"Zeynep Kozguoglu".

.....

Emir who was busy looking at some papers raised his head abruptly at Zeynep's admission. He smirked slightly at her catty behavior towards his secretary. The woman left and Zeynep stood in front of Emir's desk.

"So you requested my presence for??"

"We are invited to the opening of a night clup tonight. One of our investors owns it. So we're going" Emir said still looking at the papers in front of him.

"So you just decided that we are going with out asking me? What if I didn't want to go" Emir dropped the papers and leaned on his chair looking at her.

"And why wouldn't you Zeynepp?"

"No reason. But don't you think you should of asked me first?" Emir laughed.

"Zeynep, Zeynep. You're contrasting yourself. Do you know that? You said yourself that this is not a typical marriage. Normal husbands ask their wives about their opinion. Unfortunately for you I'm not one of those"
Emir left his chair and stood in front of her.

"Although. Just because I agreed to your condition doesn't mean that I have forgotten our arrangement. You're here to play the part as my wife. You do as I say. That was our deal, and I'm telling you to be ready tonight, we'll leave at 9. Understood? "
Zeynep looked at him with hateful eyes.
"Understood Emir bey. May I leave now, your highness?"