Chapter (22)

Emir was on his way home when he saw Zeynep's car going to the same direction. He smiled softly. the past few dayes He was having these weird feelings. He needed to see her all the time. And his heart was fluttering wildly when she's in the same periphery. Just like it did right now when he saw her car. Suddenly her driver changed his direction going back to the city.

Emir got worried. Is Zeynep Okay? Why did they turned to the opposite direction? He didn't try to call her and just followed them.

Emir parked his car a few cars away from hers and watched her go to the café. When he went closer he saw her sitting with non other than her ex fiancé, Bulut Geray.

Emir was furious. He saw them talk and smile and when they hugged he went crazy. He almost moved towards them when he saw them leaving and he retreated.

He felt hurt, disappointed, sad and mostly furious. (So Zeynep was still meeting with her ex fiancé. She was meeting him behind my back. You have a lot of explaining to do little one). He thought and drove to his house. Fast.

Zeynep arrived home and she was suddenly face to face with Ece. The girl was pale and told her that Emir bey was waiting for her in his study room.

Zeynep felt anxious. She went to the study and found him sitting on the sofa, drinking.

"Emir? What's going on. Why did you want to see me?"

"Where were you?" Emir asked angerly.

"What kind of question is that? I was at school.... "

"DON'T LIE TO ME"

"Emir interrupted her screaming. He got up and stood in front of her, fuming.
"Ohhh. So you knew that I met Bulut today. Didn't you? Did you put some spies behind me?"

"I SAW YOU MYSELF ZEYNEP,  WHY DID YOU MET HIM"?

"THIS IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS"
They screamed at each other and Emir grabbed her arms strongly.

"Answer me now Zeynep or I'll make you both bay. WHY DID YOU MET HIM?"

"'CAUSE HE WAS LEAVING AND WANTED TO SAY GOODBYE. He was leaving the country. For ever. Are you happy now" Emir's rage subsided and let her arms.

"Why do you even care Emir? Whey are you acting like a jealous husband?"

"BECAUSE I AM" He screamed. Zeynep froze.

"What do you mean you are? Are you playing with me? What's your game? Ever since I've come to this house,  you've been acting weird. You insult me in a minute and then be polite and courteous in the next. You're acting like you actually care for me, you ask me about my day, you don't try to manhandle me, you keep your distant and now with Bulut you lost your mind like a jealous lover"

Emir stood there listening not moving. His face was closed of. But he was listening to her every word.

"Why are you doing this to me? In the past I had this illusion that you actually loved me. Which was so stupid. But now I know for sure that you don't care for me and I'm sure as hell you don't respect me. So why are you doing this? Huh?"

Emir breathed heavily but stayed still just looking at her with blank expression.

Zeynep took a step closer to him. Speaking in a strong voice.
"If this was your way to make me fall for you again. Then let me tell you. I'll never trust you with my heart again. I don't trust you. I can't live with you like a normal couple with the constant feeling of fear that someday you may just decide to throw me out of the door. Just like you did to me in that hotel" Zeynep voice became weaker. Tears flowing down her face.

Emir took a step closer to her. His hand moves, catching the tears. Then he leaned to her kissing her eyes softly, his male scent surrounding her. She trumbled. Her need for him, her hate for him, her love for him, were all over her, suffocating her. She brought her hand up to his chest and pushed him away.

"You haven't just hurt me Emir, you destroyed me. You killed the little innocent girl in me. You distorted the concept of love for me. I can't trust anyone with my heart again. I hate you because you took away a part of my personality. A part that I could never find again and for that Emir I'll never forgive you. You don't deserve my forgiveness and you sure as hell haven't earned it"

Zeynep left the room feeling drained emotionally. She knew she was harsh but she had waited for years to tell him this.

Emir was still standing looking at the closed door. A tear run down his cheek. He wiped it quickly and vowed.

"I'll earn it".