Chapter (12)

Next day Emir was parked in front of Zeynep's school, waiting outside for her to come out. He texted her earlier that day telling her that he'll wait for her outside.

Emir was sitting in his car when he saw her come out. He couldn't take his eyes of her. She looked beautiful as usual. He doesn't know why was he finding her more beautiful than before. Maybe because she's not his anymore. (You doesn't appreciate the things you have until you loose them).

Emir got out of the car and opened the door for her like a perfect gentlemen. Zeynep got in and Emir drove a way. The air in the car was tense. Zeynep doesn't know what was she doing here?.

"I know what you're thinking"
Emir said after a while.

"What? You're reading minds now Emir?"

"You learn alot in prison Zeynep. Some learn knitting and tinkering. I learn mental games" he told her looking ar her with a playful smile.

"Zeynep chuckled. Go figure" she took a deep breath and asked sarcastically.

"Then tell me Mister mind reader. What am I thinking?"

"You're thinking about what you're doing here? You also scared that I'm going to get you into trouble, don't worry. I just thought we go for a drive. Just like old times".

"Wow. Now I'm really scared, are you going to murder me and bury me somewhere? after all it's not the first time you do that to me" she said the last part whispering, but Emir heard her.

"You still mad at me for almost burning you I believe"

"This is only the tip of the iceberg"

"I know. And you have every right. That's why I wanted to talk to you. We should clear the air between us"

"Why Emir? I'm getting married next week and probably won't see you again so why is it so important to you that we clear the air? Since when you care?"

"I don't. I'm just trying to be friendly with my not so friendly ex wife"

"Emir, what's wrong with you? You're different. What are you playing at? Is this your typical way of using me to get to Deniz? If it is then let me tell you, this is so old fashion, find a new plan"

Emir started to laugh. And said.
"I missed your rude attitude Kucugum".

Zeynep huffed and faced the window
"Where are we going now?"

"Patience. We're going somewhere calm to talk"

They didn't talk anymore the whole ride.
When they reached there distention Zeynep was shocked she didn't believe he brought her here. To the café that was supposed to be for Poyraz. She didn't come to this café for five years. It was full of memories.

The pain of Poyraz's loss was still fresh not even five years could erase it.
"Why are we here Emir? Out of all places in Istanbul you brought me here?"

"I thought we should talk in a place
we both familiar with. Besides this place is the main subject of our conversation today"

They went inside and sat in there usual booth. They ordered their coffee and Zeynep noticed, The place is not the same. Some new decoration were added through out the years. Then she spoke.

"The last time we were here you were trying to convince me to not marry Hakan. If this is an imitation of the conversation we had years ago you should know that my answer is the same. I'm marrying Bulut no matter what" Zeynep said curtly.

Emir chuckled at her ramble and said "Don't worry Kucugum. You're not pregnant with my child so I don't have a reason to stop you from getting married"

A wave of disappointment hit her and she felt slightly hurt but she tamed it down. Even after all these years Emir was still able to hurt her but she won't show him that. She's not week anymore.

She took a deep breath and
Asked him "Then why are we here?"

Emir took a folded stack of papers from his chest pocket and gave it to her. She looked at him puzzled then she opened the papers and read them. What she read in them made her eyes go impossibly wide.

"What's this Emir?? What's that supposed to mean??" Zeynep asked confused.

"The meaning is simple. Five years ago I gave this café and the house above to Poyraz and you as his mother was the guardian of his property. But we lost him before his time. Now I'm giving this place to you. Legally"

"Why? What are you playing at Emir? You don't do stuff like that unless you're gaining something in return"

"No. You're wrong. Im not gaining anything"

"Then why? If you think you can buy my forgiveness then you are totally wrong. My forgiveness is not something cheep you can buy"

"Here we go again"

"What?"

"You're drama. I just wanted to give you something as a gift and you started your poor neighborhood's girl talk. Consider it as an assurance policy for future purpose"

"I dont want anything from you. You don't have to worry about my future.  This is my future husband's job not yours. Besides I don't need you or him I can work. I don't need anyone to provide for me"

Emir looked at her with narrow eyes. He was so proud of her. He actually expected this answer from her. His strong independent Kucugum. He liked this new Zeynep even more. He has always loved her feisty, fierce self but this new version of her was kind of hot.

"Okay.. I'll keep the papers with me. This place is yours whether you took it or not, whenever you need it it's here and yours"

Zeynep didn't know how to feel. Emir's recent behavior was throwing her of the lope. Did he really just wanted to do something good for her by giving her this gift or was he just playing. Only God knows what this man is thinking.

Later they left the café together not paying attention to the man who was taking pictures of them from the other side of the street.