Chapter (7)

Few days have passed.
Emir was standing in front of Zeynep's school, but this time he didn't come for Zeynep. He wanted to see Deniz.

He saw a group of girls playing while waiting for their parents to pick them.
He was able to recognize Deniz from the group since he already knew her face from the pictures. She was so different than the baby he used to hold. But she's still Deniz. His (şeker burtukal).

A wave of guilt washed over him. It was because of his selfishness and stubbornness this girl has to live without a mother for the rest of her life. He wished for the time to go back. He would've done things differently for sure but it's too late now.

Suddenly Deniz looked at his direction. He was sitting in his car and the windows were up so he was shocked when Deniz run towards him yelling "Baba".

Emir was about to step out from the car when suddenly Deniz changed direction running straight to Kemal's opened arms. Kemal picked her up kissing her tummy while she giggled.

Emir felt like the sky just fall over his head. Instead of anger he felt disappointment and sadness. Yes of course Deniz is not his daughter anymore. He's nothing but a stranger to her. She already has a father. Her real father. He doesn't have a chance anymore. He has lost this war before it even begin.

Zeynep was coming out of the school during this time and she saw the scene in front of her noticing Emir's car as well. Kemal called her over so they can go home but she told him to take Deniz and that she has some erands to run first.

Kemal left with Deniz. Zeynep turned and went straight to Emir's car. When Emir saw her he stepped out of the car.

"What the hell you think you're doing here Emir?" Zeynep yelled at him.

When Emir didn't answer she looked closely into his eyes, she noticed how troubled and sad they were.

Zeynep has always been able to read Emir and she knew exactly why he was sad. She wanted to leave him but her stupid heart stopped her. She thought for a few seconds then she took a decision cursing herself.
"Can we go somewhere to talk?" Zeynep asked him and Emir was a bit surprised.

Emir nodded opening the car door for her to get in. A voice in her head was telling her to not go with him but she ignored it.

Zeynep and Emir went to a park. One that they used to meet in along time ago. As soon as they sat down on one of the benches, Zeynep started to talking.

"What do you want Emir? What are your plans? It was easier to understand you before when you were fighting for Nihan. Your target, your enemy, your itches. All the variables were known. But what about now? What is your goal? Deniz? You know it's impossible to get her back, your legacy? Well I heard that you're working on that. So what? What do you want?"

Emir was listening to every word without interrupting her, then he asked her the only thing she would never have expected.

"Do you really think that I killed Poyraz?" Emir said with a low voice.

Zeynep was shocked. Poyraz have been always a sour subject to her. She hadn't talked about it openly with any one before.

She cleared her throat and answered him..
"No, I don't think it was your fault. Or at least not just your fault. I was responsible as well. I should have protected my baby. I'm the one who was carrying it. I should have left. I should have kept him away from the darkness of our lives"

"my darkness you mean?" Emir asked her.

"mine too, I wasn't an ideal person either"

"Have you thought about how our lives would have been now if we haven't lost him?"