The living dolls

There's a weird legend in my family. They said, the dolls here are alive.

Weird right?

I suppose no one really believes.. or even care about that.

But.. my twin sister... She really believes in that legend.

*sighs* Dumb right? Even if she is my twin sister, I don't know what's in her head..

Everyday, my sister would talk to her favourite dolls. I don't know what to do. I can't hate her, she's my sister. Twin sister! It's creeping me out but.. What can I do..?

"Hm..?" Ah she's awake. Is she talking to her dolls again..? Truth to be told, I've never actually heard them talk, because I would ran away in fear when I heard my sister talk to herself.

"What's wrong..?" I heard my sister's voice once again.

I want to run to my grandparents' hugs, or my parents' but they're currently away.. So I've got no choice but to hide under my blanket.

"He's... again... he.... okay...?" A unfamiliar voice stated.

'What?' I quietly thought. Could it be.. The dolls are really alive? How..?

"He's stronger than you think he is, Kuu. You know it too right?" My sister then replied.

Kuu.. It's the doll I've actually made from scratch with the help of my grandparents. I gave her to my sister as a birthday gift, and she named her Kuu.

"....since... never... play.... me..." I could hear hints of sadness.

Play? That reminds me.. After I made Kuu, my grandma told us the legend about the living dolls. Ever since, I've never come close to any of the dolls in here, including Kuu..

"It's alright, my brother will play with you sooner or later."

Me..? So is it true? But.. It's very creepy-

Because of curiousity, I've decided to step out from my hiding spot, and peek on my sister. I open the slide door slightly to see what's going on the other side, my twin's room.

I took a deep breath before actually peeking.

"What are you doing."

"UWAH!" I yelled out a loud, before falling backwards. "Ouch!!" I clutch to the back of my head.

I then heard my twin giggling, while another voice grumble, "It's not nice to peek on a girl's room."

I look at the other voice to actually see.. a doll. Kuu.

My eyes widen in suprise before I started yelling any words that came up.

But then I was stopped by a loud "SSHHH!!" warn.

"Oh? It's almost time for me to return. Nice to talk to you,-" Kuu actually said before she falls backwards, with my sister catching her.

"Aww, it's already 4 AM.. Oh well." My sister then disappointedly say.

"Anyway, Nii-chan (Brother). As you can see, the myth is no longer a myth." My twin then grinned.

~~~~~

I was inspired by an actual doll story in here, I forgot but I remember the shop's name has an Ami/Amy on it.