Chapter 11

Daddy called, now we're going to a place where 3 couples all went missing. Dean and Sam were talking in the front, I was in the backseat, dozing off. I finally closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up to Dean shaking my shoulders, he said" Hey, wake up, baby girl. I need you to keep me sharp, so we don't wreck."
I said" Where's Sam?"
" Left us. Now climb up here." I climbed into the front seat and cuddled into Dean's side. I could tell he was sad... but then he was tense, he's mad when he's tense.

We got to the town,
I said" Dean, this place is giving me chills."
Dean said" It's just the rain freaking you out, Hazel, You're with me, I'm not gonna let any monster get you, okay?"
" Okay." He got out as he parked and I lowered myself more in the seat so no one would see me.

Once he came back to the car, we headed down a road and then the EMF went crazy.
Dean said" What the hell?" He tried reaching it but then pulled over and grabbed it. He looked at it then out the window, we both got out. I held Dean's hand as we walked down an orchard path. It was really scary out here, then we saw a scarecrow, it looked really, really scary. We walked over to it and looked up, I instantly hid behind Dean, clutching onto his shirt.
Dean said" Dude, you're fugly." Then he grabbed a ladder, I covered my eyes but peeked out as Dean climbed the ladder. He looked at the arm of the scarecrow, then at the missing paper of the man," Nice tat." He got down and he grabbed my hand, we walked out of the orchard.
I said" Scary scarecrow monster?"
" Possibly something like that, you up for it?"
" Not really."
" Hey, I'll keep you safe." He lifted me up and held me on his hip," Would not want anything happening to my 2nd favorite thing in the world." I giggled," My 1st favorite kid for sure, but you'll probably never beat the impala, my baby." I giggled again, he walked us back to the impala, and put me in before getting in himself.

Once we got back into the town, Dean pulled up to the gas pumps at the General Store shop,
a woman said" You're back."
Dean said" Never left."
" You still looking for your friends?"
" You mind filling it up, there, Emily? So, did you grow up here?"
" I came here when I was 13. I lost my parents, car accident. My aunt and uncle took me in."
" They're nice people."
" Everybody's nice here."
" So, what, it's the perfect little town?"
" You know, it's the boonies, but I love it. I mean, the towns around us, people are losing their homes, their farms. But here... it's almost like we're blessed."
" Hey, you been out to the orchard? Seen that scarecrow?"
" Yeah, it creeps me out."
" Whose is it?"
" I don't know. It's just always been there."
" That your aunt and uncle's?"
" Customer. They had some car troubles."
" It's not a couple, is it?.. a guy and a girl?" I could tell the girl hummed by the way dean was looking.

Dean went into a cafe, leaving me in the car, I sighed then watched a cop go in. Dean came out, followed by the cop and got into the car, he gave me that look. Then we drove out of town, being followed by the sheriff of the town.
I said" We're goin' back, aren't we?"
Dean said" Oh, yeah."

Once we got back into the town, we went to the orchard and ran in, Dean with a shot gun and me with a pistol. Dean taught me how to shoot so I could be safe. We found the couple and the scarecrow,
Dean said" Get back to your car! Go, go!" The couple ran, Dean shot it but it didn't stop, I shot it but nothing, Dean grabbed my arm and ran, pushing me in front of him, I ran as fast as I could without tripping over my own feet.
We got back to the road,
the man said" What was that?"
Dean said" Don't ask!"

Dean was on the phone with Sam,
Dean said" -No, I can cope without you, you know. No, it's more than a spirit. It's a god.. a pagan god, anyway. The annual cycle of its killings, and the fact that the victims are always a man and a woman, like some kind of fertility rite. And you should see the locals. The way they treated this couple, fattening them up like a Christmas turkey. Yeah, I'm thinking a ritual sacrifice to appease some pagan god. The scarecrow takes its sacrifice. And for another year, the crops won't wilt and disease won't spread. Nope, not yet. I know. I'm actually on my way to a local community college. I got an appointment with a professor. You know, since I don't have my trusty sidekick geek boy to do all the research. I'm not hinting anything. Actually... uh... I want you to know... I mean, don't think-" I could tell Sam said sorry on the other line," Sam... you were right. You got to do your own thing. You got to live your own life. You've always known what you want, and you go after it. You stand up to Dad. I mean, you always have. Hell, I wish I... anyway... I admire that about you. I'm proud of you, Sammy. Say you'll take care of yourself. Call me when you find dad." Then he put down his phone, I looked at Dean and cuddled into his side.

Someone grabbed me from the impala, I instantly started fighting back, biting down on the hand. It let go and I took off, running as fast as I can. My bag on my back, making me weigh more but filled with stuff I'll need to find Sam and Dean, oh, and to protect myself.
I started walking through the woods, I pulled out my phone and called Sam's number. He didn't pick up, I pressed voicemail,
I said" Sammy, SOS, SOS!! They've got Dean, I've gotta go help him." I ended it then continued to walk towards the orchard.

Once I got there, it was nearly dark, I ran straight in, not scared, I needed to help my brother. I skidded to a stop when I saw people,
The man said" There's the child, she'll do."
The woman said" She's a child, he won't accept it as a meal."
Another man said" Let's put her with the other two." They grabbed my arms and then dragged me to a cellar, I kicked and screamed, then they threw me down. I didn't hit the floor, I saw Dean and the girl, Emily.
Dean said" Are you okay? Hazel, you alright?"
I said" I'm okay, De."
" What happened?"
" I ran away, I sent Sam a voicemail, he'll come and get us, won't he?"
" Yeah, yeah he will, we just have to sit tight and wait for him."
They picked up a conversation while Dean held me tightly in his arms, he's scared, he's never scared, it's making me scared.

The people opened the doors again, and the woman said" It's time." Dean's grip tightened on me, I dug my face into his neck, scared.
I was pulled away from Dean, I screamed and started crying, kicking at whoever got near me. They held me down and tied my feet up, I was upside down in a tree. My hands tied together tightly, and my feet tied down to the limp.
Dean said" How many people have you killed, Sheriff? How much blood is on your hands?"
The sheriff said" We don't kill them."
" No, but you sure cover up after. I mean, how many cars have you hidden or clothes have you buried?" Dean has to have a plan, right? He always has a plan... doesn't he? Once the people walked away," I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it!"
Emily sad" So, what's the plan?"
" I'm working on it."

It just kept getting darker,
Emily said" You don't have a plan, do you?"
Dean said" I'm working on it. Can you see?"
" What?"
" Is he moving yet?"
" I can't see." We heard footsteps," Oh, my god. Oh, my god!"
Then I heard Sam say" Dean?"
Dean said" Oh, I take everything back I said. I'm so happy to see you. Come on. How did you get here?"
" I, uh, stole a car."
" That's my boy. Keep an eye on that scarecrow. It could come alive any minute."
" What scarecrow?" Dean stood up and I'm guessing looked at the post, Sam walked to me and untied my hands, I grabbed onto his shoulders, he untied my feet and I fell into his arms.
I grabbed onto his jacket tightly and he held onto me, they started running once Dean got Emily untied. I held onto Sam, he said" Now, this sacred tree you're talking about."
Dean said" It's the source of its power."
" So let's find it and burn it."
" In the morning. Let's just shag ass before leatherface catches up." Then we were surrounded, I hid my face in Sam's neck,
Emily said" Please, let us go."
A man said" It will be over quickly. I promise."
" Please."
" Emily, you have to let him take you. Ahh!" Then we started running again, I didn't move from Sam's neck.

It's daylight, We found the first tree and now we're gonna burn it. Sam started pouring the gas onto it, while Dean caught a stick on fire.
Emily said" Let me."
Dean said" The whole town is gonna die."
" Good." She threw in the branch once Sam walked back to us, and lifted me into his arms. We watched the tree burn.

We watched Emily leave on the bus, going to Boston.
Sam said" You think she's gonna be alright?"
Dean said" I hope so."
" And the rest of the townspeople, they'll just get away with it?"
" What will happen to the town will have to be punishment enough. So... can I drop you off somewhere?"
" No, I think you're stuck with me."
" What made you change your mind?"
" I didn't. I still want to find dad. And you're still a pain in the ass. But Jess and mom... they're both gone. Dad is god knows where. You and me, we're all that's left." I kicked his stomach, lightly," And Hazel. So, uh, if we're gonna see this through... we're gonna do it together."
" Hold me, Sam. That was beautiful. Come on." Dean laughed, I giggled at them,
" You should be kissing my ass. You were dead meat, dude."
" Yeah, right. I had a plan. I'd have gotten out."
" Right." Dean got in, putting me into the seat, Sam got in after a minute,
I said" Sammy, did ya get my voicemail?"
Sam said" Yeah, I did. Then I high tailed it to here and rescued you." They looked at each other, I smiled then cuddled into Sam.