Chapter 29

We sped to some place, then got out, Dean and I stopped as we saw a lot of other impalas.
Sam said" Dean, Hazel. Come on." We followed him, Chuck had texted an emergency.
Once we found Chuck, he was fine,
Sam said" Chuck! There you are."
Chuck said" Guys."
Dean said" What's going on?"
" Uh, nothing. You know, just, um, I was kind of hangin'. What are you guys doing here?"
" You told us to come."
" Uh, no, I didn't."
Sam said" Yeah, you did. You texted me, this address, life or death situation. Any of this ringing a bell?"
" No, I-I-I didn't send you a text."
Dean said" We drove all night."
" I'n sorry. I-I-I don't understand what could- Oh, no."
" What?"
Then a woman said" Sam! You made it!"
Sam said" Oh, uh... Becky, right?"
" Oh, you remembered. You've been thinking about me."
" I..."
" It's okay. I can't get you out of my head, either."
Chuck said" Um, did you take my phone?"
" I just borrowed it. From your pants."
" Becky."
" What? They're gonna want to see it."
Sam, Dean and I said" See what?"
" Oh, my god. I love it when they talk at the same time!"
A man said" Hey, chuck! Come on, pal. It's showtime." Becky ran off,
Chuck said" Guys, I'm sorry. For everything." I whimpered then tugged at Dean's jacket, Dean nodded to Sam and Sam lifted me up. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and tucked my face in his shoulder.
Once we walked inside,
A man said" Hey, Dean! Lookin' good!"
Dean said" Who the hell are you?"
" I'm Dean, too. Duh." Dean turned to us and looked to the side, Sam turned and saw the Scarecrow.
The scarecrow said" Uh-oh. It's Sam and Dean. I'm in trouble now. Have fun, you two." He walked away,
Dean said" What?" We looked around and I simply held onto Sam tighter, indicating I was freaked out.
Sam said" Becky, what is this?"
Becky said" It's awesome! A supernatural convention. The first ever." No! No! No! I wanna go back outside and get into Baby, then get on the road now! I whined and pushed at Sam's chest,
Sam said" Take her. She's freaked out." Dean took me into his arms and rubbed my hair, calming me down a little bit.

We were in another room,
A man said" Welcome to the first annual supernatural convention. At 3:45 in the Magnolia Room, we have the panel Frightened little boy: the secret life of Dean. And at 4:30, there's the homoerotic subtext of supernatural. Oh, and, of course, the big hunt starts at 7:00 pm. Sharp. Okay, but, but right now... right now I'd like to introduce the man himself. The creator and the writer of the supernatural books, the one, the only... Carver Edlund!" Chuck came out on stage,
Chuck said" Uh, okay, good. This isn't nearly as awkward as I... it's a little dry mouth." He drank water," Okay, uh... So, I guess, uh... questions?" Everyone raised their hand," Uh, you?"
A man said" Hey, Mr. Edlund. Uh, big fan. Wow. Okay. I just wandering, where'd you come up with Sam and Dean in the first place?"
" Oh, uh, I, uh... it just... came to me. Okay, uh... hook man."
Another man said" Uh, yeah. Why, in every fight scene, Sam and Dean are having their gun or knife knocked away by the bad guy? Why don't they keep it on some kind of bungee?"
" Uh... yeah, I-I-I really don't know."
" Yeah, follow up... why can't Sam and Dean be telling that Ruby is evil? I mean, she us clearly manipulating Sam into some kind of moral lapse. It's obvious, Nein?"
Becky said" Hey! If you don't like the books, don't read 'em, Fritz!"
Chuck said" Okay, okay, just, uh, uh, okay. It's okay. So, uh, so, next question. Uh, uh, y-yeah, you."
A man said" Yeah, at the end of the last book, Dean goes to hell. So, what happens next?"
" Oh, w-well, there lies an announcement, a-actually. Um... you're all gonna find out. Um, thanks to a wealthy Scandinavian investor... we're gonna start publishing again." Oh no.
We walked up to Chuck and Becky, Dean said" Excuse us, in case you haven't noticed, our plates are kind of full. Okay? Finding the colt, hunting the devil. We don't have time for this crap!"
Chuck said" Hey, I didn't call you."
Sam said" He means the books, Chuck. Why are you publishing more books?"
" Um, for food and shelter?"
Dean said" Who gave you the rights to our life story?"
" An archangel. And I didn't want it."
Sam said" Well, deal's off, okay? No more books. Our lives are not for public consumption."
" Uh, Becky, would you excuse us for just a second?" We walked away from her," Do you guys know what I do for a living?"
" Yeah, chuck, we know."
" Then, could you tell me? 'Cause I don't. Alright, I'm not a good writer, I've got no marketable skills, I'm not some hero who can just hit the road and fight monsters, okay? Until the world ends, I got to live, alright? And the supernatural books are all i've got. What else do you want me to do?" Then a woman screamed, We took off upstairs.
Sam helped a woman up,
The woman said" I saw a ghost."
A man said" You saw a ghost. Ma'am, could you tell us what it looked like?"
Dean said" Why don't you leave this to the grown ups, pal?"
The woman said" A woman. She was in an old fashioned dress. Really old. Like a schoolmarm or something."
Another guy said" Did she say something to you?"
" Gather close, everybody, for a terrifying tale of terror! I saw a ghost. None other than the ghost of Leticia Gore herself!" We walked away from them,
Becky ran up, she said" Ooh, the larping's started."
Dean said" The... what is that again?"
" Live action role playing. It's a game. The convention puts it on." She handed Sam a paper,
Sam said" Dad's Journal, Dear Sam and Dean, this hotel is haunted. You must hunt down the ghost. Interview witnesses, discover clues, and find the bones. First team to do so wins a $50 gift card to Sizzler. Love, dad."
" You guys are so gonna win."