Chapter 22

A woman's husband was dead because of razor blades in candy that he ate, we think it's a witch.
They left me in the motel room while they went to talk to the woman.
Once they came back, Sam instantly got to me help him search up the stuff in the hex bag they found.
Dean walked in eating a piece of candy,
Sam said" Really? After that guy choked down all those razor blades?"
Dean said" It's Halloween, man."
" Yeah. For us, everyday is halloween."
" Don't be a downer. Anything interesting?"
" Well, we're on a witch hunt, that's for sure. But this isn't your typical hex bag."
" Hmm, no?"
" Goldthread.. an herb that's been extinct for 200 years. And this is Celtic, and I don't mean so new age knock off. Looks like the real deal, like 600 years old real. And, uh... that is a charred metacarpal bone of a newborn baby."
" Oh, gross."
" Relax, man. It's, like, at least 100 years old."
" Oh, right, like that makes it better? Witches, man. They're so freaking skeevy."
" Yeah. Well, it takes a pretty powerful one to put a bag like this together. More juice than we've ever dealt with before, that's for sure. What about you, find anything on the victim?"
" This Luke Wallace, he was so vanilla that he made vanilla seem spicy. I can't find any reason why somebody would want this guy dead."
———
They left because of another person died, weirdly, like really weirdly.

Once they came back, it was another hex bag. Dean was on the laptop and Sam and I were on books.
Dean said" Both of these vics are squeaky-clean. There is no reason for wicked bitch payback."
Sam said" Maybe 'cause it's not about that."
" Wow. Insightful."
" Maybe this witch isn't working a grudge. Maybe they're working a spell. Check this out. Three blood sacrifices over three days the last before midnight on the final day of the final harvest. Celtic calendar, the final day of the final harvest is October 31st."
" Halloween?"
" Exactly." 
" What exactly are the, uh, blood sacrifices for?"
" Uh, if I'm right, this witch is summoning a demon. And not just any demon, Samhain."
" Am I supposed to be impressed?"
" Dean, Samhain is the damn origin of Halloween. The Celts believed that October 31st was the one night of the year when the veil was the thinnest between the living and the dead. And it was Samhain's night. I mean, masks were put on to hide from him, sweets left on doorsteps to appease him, faces carved into pumpkins to worship him. He was exorcised centuries ago."
" So even though Samhain took a trip downstairs, the tradition stuck."
" Exactly. Only now, instead of demons and blood orgies, halloween is all about kids, candy, and costumes."
" Okay, so some witch wants to raise Samhain and take back the night?"
" Dean, this is serious."
" I am serious."
" We're talking heavyweight witchcraft. This ritual can only be performed every 600 years."
" And the 600 year marker rolls around..."
" Tomorrow night."
" Naturally. Well, it sure us a lot of death and destruction for one demon."
" That's 'cause he likes company. Once he's raised, Samhain can do some raising of his own."
" Raising what, exactly?"
" Dark, evil crap and lots of it. They follow him around like the friggin' pied piper."
" So we're talking ghosts."
" Yeah."
" Zombies?"
" Mm-Hmm."
" Leprechauns?"
" Dean."
" Those little dudes are scary. Small hands."
" Look, it just starts with ghosts and ghouls. This sucker keeps on going, by night's end, we are talking every awful thing we've ever seen, everything we fight all in one place."
" It's gonna be a slaughterhouse."
———
Sam made me go with Dean to make sure Dean.. 1, didn't fall asleep.. 2, didn't go comatose with candy. Which didn't work out for him since I love candy and I was helping him eat candy. Dean's phone rang, Sam's ringtone,
Dean said" Awesome. Yeah, I talked with Mrs. Razor Blade again. I've been sitting out in front of her house for hours, and I've got a big, steamy pile of nothing. Yeah, well, I hope we find him soon 'cause I'm starting to cramp like a... son of a bitch. No, Sam, I mean Son of a bitch." I looked at him confused then saw a teenage girl walking up the stairs.
—-
Once we got back to the motel room, Sam said" So, our apple bobbing cheerleader?"
Dean said" Tracy?"
" Mm-Hmm."
" The Wallaces' babysitter. She told me she never even heard of Luke Wallace."
" Huh. Interesting look for a centuries old witch."
" Yeah, well, if you were a 600 year old hag and you could pick any costume to come back in, wouldn't you go for a hot cheerleader? I would." I shook my head, confused, what does Dean mean?
" Well, Tracy's not as wholesome as she looks. Did some digging. Apparently, she got into a violent altercation with one of her teachers. Got suspended from school."