Chapter 67

Sam and I walked into the library, where Dean was laughing his ass off at his computer screen.
Sam said" What are you laughing at?"
Dean said" Hey. Hang on. It's a- This is a classic."
" I'm glad you're feeling better."
" Oh, yeah, better than ever." I put down the plate," Oh. Hello, beautiful. Oh, yeah! Mmm!" As he bit into the sandwich,
Sam and I said" You want some alone time with that thing?"
" Mnh. No, no. Wait."
" You sure?"
" Yeah. Yeah. Watch this." We watched the classic, I laughed then tried to grab a piece of the grilled cheese. Dean blocked my hand,
I said" Asshat, I grilled it, I eat it!"
" Make your own."
" You make your own."
" Ugh, fine." He let go of my hand but then grabbed the piece and shoved it in his big mouth.
" You're disgusting, Dean. Sam, tell him he's disgusting." Sam shook his head with a smile on his face," Geez, you... You both are disgusting, Dean, you freakin' stink, Sam's always sweating."
Sam and Dean said" No, I don't."
" Shh, watch the show." I smiled then looked at the screen,
" Annoying baby girl."
" Asshat big brothers." They both smiled, we're finally getting back to normal, wow.

Cas called, an emergency or something. We met up with him at a place.
Dean said" This is why you called us? This is your emergency?"
Cas said" Yes."
" No, Cas. An emergency is a dead body, okay? Or-Or-Or a wigged out angel or the Apocalypse, take 3. Some chick bolting on you is not an emergency. That's... that's every Friday night for Sam." Ugh.
Sam said" Dude."
" Well..."
Cas said" This isn't just some chick. I'm responsible for her."
" Since when? You met her once, how many years ago?"
Sam said" Look, Cas, even if we do find Claire, then what?"
" She rolled you and then she ran, okay? It's pretty clear that she doesn't wanna play house."
Cas said" I understand, but I need to know that Claire is safe, and I need your help."
Sam said" Alright. Uh... why don't we go ask around at the group home?"
Dean said" Uh, you know what? We're gonna stick here in case she circles back. You go ahead." I stuck with Dean and Cas 'cause I'm not going around anywhere that might have a file on me.

We were eating,
Cas said" Is ketchup a vegetable?"
Dean and I said" Hell, yes."
Dean said" Alright, so spill. What's with the family reunion?"
Cas said" I don't know. Just been... thinking about people. I've helped some, but I've... I've hurt some."
" So you're having a midlife crisis."
" Well, I'm extremely old. I think I'm entitled."
" Cas, listen to me. There's some stuff you just gotta let go. Okay? The people you let down, the ones you can't save... you gotta forget about 'em, for your own good."
" Is that what you do?"
" That's the opposite of what I do. But... I ain't exactly a role model."
" That's not true."
" Yeah."
" How are you, Dean?" I got up, nodding to the bathroom and walked to the bathroom. I closed the door and locked it, I looked in the mirror and focused on Claire Novak, she's gotta be somewhere. She's running away, I know exactly where she'd go and who'd she speak to... since I've done it before too. And I know how troubled minds work. But I couldn't find a single trace of her, she's good at covering her tracks for sure.

Once we found her, we were leaning against the impala, she walked out with Cas behind her.
Dean said" Whoa. Hey, Miley Cyrus, settle."
Claire said" Eat me, Hasselhoff."
Sam said" Claire, hold on a second. Look, my name's-"
" Sam. And you're Dean, which makes you, Hazel. We've met, remember?"
Cas said" Claire, you were going to rob that convenience store?"
" So?"
" So? So... it's... wrong."
" You wanna talk to me about wrong? You killed my dad. Is that wrong enough for you?"
" No, I didn't."
" Really? Because without you, he'd still be here, and my mom would still he around."
" Claire, I'm-"
" Don't." She pulled out a gun,
" That won't hurt me."
" Fine." She pointed it towards us,
Dean said" Whoa! Hey, come on."
Sam said" Hold on a second."
Claire said" Why? Like you don't have it coming? You stood there while this monster took dad. I used to pray to you, Castiel. Every night. I would beg you to bring him home safe."
Cas said" I know."
" You know... my father was a good man. In what messed up world does he have to die and you get to live?"
" I'm sorry."
" No. you feel guilty. There's a difference."
I said" So what, now you run back to Randy, the guy you steal for?"
" How do you know about that?"
Dean said" Dustin."
Cas said" Claire. That man is using you."
Claire said" He was there for me. When things got bad, and they got real damn bad, he was there when no one else was. He's my family, and you're just... you can go to hell." She walked away. We got into the impala and I started falling asleep, my head slumped then it was pushed up. I whined, I heard the impala rumble and it lulled me even deeper into sleep.
I was woken up, slightly, to Dean whispering, then he said" Hazel, you gonna stay asleep or go invi-girl and go into the bar with us?" I shook my head then nuzzled back into whoever's flannel I had on." Okay, see ya in a few."

Once I woke up, we were rescuing Claire Novak. We went to the house then a man opened the door, Cas and I pushed him back by powers then Sam and Dean went in with Guns, I heard girl screams. I closed my eyes,
I whispered" Cas, go. Go now." He ran upstairs,
Once he came back with Claire,
Dean said" Get her out of here."
Sam said" Yeah. Go." Once they were out, Sam and I started backing up,
" Go." We ran out, following Cas and Claire out the door.
Once we got out, we got into the impala and looked at them. Then I heard punches being landed and screams. I grabbed Sam's arm, and we got out fast, no, no, no, no! We stopped as we saw all the blood and bodies, Claire screamed, Cas grabbed her, covering her face. Sam and I ran to Dean, who was in the middle of bodies, Sam and I crouched down in front of him.
Sam and I said" Tell me you had to do this."
Dean said" I-I didn't- I didn't mean to."
" No. Tell me it was them or you!" Dean didn't respond, No! No! Dammit, no! We had him back, we had him!