Chapter 129

I just puked up blood, behind the school, I coughed and looked at the mess. I sighed, then got up, I wiped my mouth and spit out any remaining. My brothers are gonna kill me... If I don't die first, obviously. I've used my powers too much, too strongly... and my body is rejecting the usage. I'm toast.

Sam, Dean, Cas, Rowena, Belphegor, and I walked into the cemetery,
Dean said" What's the word from the outside?"
Sam said" Ghosts are still at it, trying to break down the barrier. I left some hunters at the gym to keep the peace. The rest are set up around the perimeter, in case-"
" In case the spell breaks and a hundred billion ghosts come busting out. This better work."
Rowena said" It will work. The Rafforza L'incantesimo is a potent transubstantiation spell. It can turn gossamer into concrete. Like I said, get me close to the epicenter, find me a nice, protected ghost-free space- I'll patch those crumbling walls right up, and we'll all be home in time for high tea." We walked past the crack, and stopped as we got to the tomb.
Cas said" Great. A nice, protected space. Ugh."

We walked in, Sam put a bar over the handles, and I started spreading the salt. Once we finished the salt lines, there was banging in the door, Rowena stood after setting up the spell.
She said" Prendi cio che è debole rendilo forte. D'una piuma d'oca, fai una spada. D'una piuma d'oca, fai una spada. D'una piuma d'oca, fai una spada. Dalla nebbia, cemento- Dalla nebbia, cemento possente, impenetrabile, inflessibile." She stopped for a second," Rendilo forte. Rendilo forte! Rendilo forte. Rendilo forte!" She fell and the bowl she was using broke in half.
Dean said" Rowena?"
" We're all going to die." I looked at Sam and Dean," Drink."
Sam said" Of course. Dean." She leaned against the wall, Dean handed Sam something,
" A real drink."
" Right." Dean handed him his flask, Sam handed it to Rowena.
Belphegor said" Okay, now that we're waiting for the witch's hooch to kick in, can we finally admit the obvious? Uh, she failed. So if we're keeping score, that's, uh, 1 for the demon, uh, 0 for the witch."
Rowena said" The enchantment couldn't work. No magic could. The spell put me into a-a communion with the wall. I-I could feel how weak it is, how close to collapse- and I could feel why. I could feel them. All of them."
Sam said" All of them? Them who?"
" The spirits- their anger and their hatred, writhing and raging. They're pressing up against those walls breaking them down. There are too many, and they're too wild and desperate and angry. Together, they are too strong. Those walls will fall, and there's no magic on earth can stop it."
Cas said" How long do we have?"
" Hours. If we're lucky."
Dean said" Then we get out there, and we take out as many as we possibly can before those walls fall. Rowena, mix up some of those crystals you got."
" It wouldn't matter! Those things- it would be like tossing mousetraps at the Great Plague. I'm telling you- it's over! Perhaps if I'd gotten here sooner, there are any number of spells I could've tried to close the gate to hell before it got to this point. But now it's too late. The cat's out the bloody bag." Belphegor walked away from us,
" Where the hell you going? Hey! Wh-"
Cas said" I got him." Cas followed Belphegor out the door.
" We're not just gonna give up. That's not who we are. Let's go out there and let's take care of-" I zoned them out and sat against the wall, I covered my head, just gotta keep going. Just gotta keep carrying on. Geez, why is this so hard? It's not like I haven't died before... but this time, it'd be no comebacks, and my soul, and/or souls, would be somewhere different... my demonic half would probably take over my meat suit, my human soul... probably hell or the empty, since technically quarter angel. Endless sleep... that doesn't sound fun, sounds boring, really boring. But maybe I'm not dying at all, maybe my body needs to adjust, and then I'll be stronger than ever. Keep up the optimism, that's good. I'm Hazel Winchester, the original abomination; the angel, the demon, the human... the tribrid. If I fully let in my powers, I could take down a million archangels.

I zoned back in,
Rowena said" Well, to put it in, uh, American action movie terms, they'll be carrying a bomb, I light the fuse, they toss it in- Boom. Whoever does this, they'll be unprotected. No salt circles- all manner of angry spirits right up in their grill."
Dean said" Sounds like fun."
" Yes, Belphegor?"
Belphegor said" Uh, who's coming with me? I'm sorry, but I'm not going down to Hell and getting past all those pissed off ghosts and demons that are maybe loitering down there, and sounding the Crook all by myself."
Sam said" So you want company?"
" I want protection. Muscle."
Dean said" Yeah, Cas'll go. You've been to hell before."
Cas said" Well, it sounds like I don't have a choice."
" Good. Great. Go team."

Sam was helping Rowena, Cas and Bel were in hell, Dean was solo guarding the gate. I was patrolling just in case something went wrong, I puked up blood again, I sat up as I heard the horn, okay... then there was rumbling then nothing. I teleported to the gate, I saw Cas and Dean,
Dean said" What the hell happened? Where's Belphegor?"
Cas said" I killed him."
" You did what? W-What about the Crook?"
" It's gone. It was destroyed."
" What?! Cas, this was our only shot. What the hell were you thinking?"
" Dean..." We saw Rowena walking towards us, taking in the spirits, what the hell?," Rowena?" She walked to the gate, and looked at us," Goodbye, boys." Then she fell into the gate, it closed up.
——
We were back at the bunker, I saw Dean walk into Sam's room, I walked over slowly, and stood outside the door, sliding down the wall.
Dean said" God threw one last apocalypse at us, and we beat it."
Sam said" Yeah."
" What you did... Rowena... You didn't have a choice."
" I know." I got up and ran to my room, I slid into my room and closed the door, locking it. I grabbed a bottle of whiskey and took a few gulps of it as my vision blurred. I laid on my bed, closing my eyes, drifting off to sleep for once.