Chapter 41

I teleported back, when I saw Cas stick his hand into Sam's chest, I flinched then dug my face into Dean's stomach.
Once Cas got out of his chest,
Dean said" You find anything?"
Cas said" No."
" So that's good news?"
" I'm afraid not. Physically, he's perfectly healthy."
" Then what?"
" It's his soul. It's gone."
" Ha, ha. Um... i'm sorry. One more time, like I'm 5. What do you mean, he's got no..."
" When Sam was resurrected... it was without his soul."
" So where is it?"
" My guess is it's still in the cage with Michael and Lucifer."
" So is he even still Sam?"
" Well, you pose an interesting philosophical question."
" Well then get it back."
" Dean."
" Well, you pulled me out."
" It took several angels to rescue you... and you weren't as well guarded. Sam's soul is in Lucifer's cage. There's a difference. It's not possible."
" There's gotta be a way."
Sam said" So, are you gonna untie me?"
" No."
" Listen, I'm not gonna-" Dean pushed me away from him,
" How am I supposed to let you out of this room?"
" Dean, I'm not some psycho. I didn't want you to get hurt. I was just trying to stop the vamps. I'm sorry. It won't ever happen again. Please let me go."
" You're kidding, right?"
" What you gonna do, keep me locked up in here forever?"
" You say that like it's bad thing."
" Okay, fine. Look, I get it. I get it, Dean. I was wrong. But I'm telling you, I'm trying to get right. It's still me."
" Is it?"
" Yes. So just let me go."
" No way in hell."
" I didn't want it to come to this. You're not gonna hold me. Not here, not in a panic room, not anywhere. You're stuck with the soulless guy so you might as well work with me. Let's fix this."
" I'm gonna be watching every move you make."
" Fine. Sounds about right to me."
" Cas, clean him up." Cas touched his forehead and healed him," Alright, if we're gonna figure out what happened to your soul, we need to find who yanked you out. You say you don't know."
" No idea."
" Then we start a list. So hard to spring someone out, who's got that kind of muscle?"
Cas said" I don't know. You have no memory of your resurrection?"
Sam said" I woke up in a field. That's all I got."
" No clues? None?"
" I've got one." Oh no, not them! I pouted instantly, I don't like other hunters. I like my Sammy and my Dean, and Bobby, that's as close as hunters get... oh yeah, and Garth! He's funny, Bobby sometimes calls him a giant kid!

Once we were on the road, I was pouting in the backseat,
Dean said" What's wrong with you?"
I glared at him," What did I do?" I continued to glare at him," What did he do?" I continued to glare, Sam looked at me,
Sam said" Other hunters?" I silently nodded," Scared?" I nodded again, dammit, other hunters terrified me, I'm a monster, they'll kill me if they find out.
" Why are you scared of other hunters?"
I said" Dean, if you've forgot, I'm a freakin' monster! I'm an angel, demon, human hybrid, I can kill about anything if I wanted to! I can easily hurt you or Sam or Bobby, if I needed to! Do you not understand that?!" My lip quivered, I'm gonna start crying now. Tears started sliding down my face as I sniffled," Hunters kill monsters, 'm a monster!"
" Hazel, we've-"
" Gone over it before... yeah, I know! But that doesn't help me at all, I'm still scared! Sorry, I'm still a kid! Sorry, I still get scared." I pulled my knees to my chest and stared out the window, I was shaking like crazy.
" Haz-"
Sam said" Dean, I don't think she wants to hear us right now."
" You're right for once." I started shivering, I saw Sam look at me from the corner of my eye. He reached into his bag and pulled out a jacket, he put the jacket on my knees and moved it so it cocooned me in warmth. I relaxed and then closed my eyes, I started falling asleep. I fell asleep.

I woke up to Dean saying" Hazel, wake up, come on." I opened my eyes and glared at him," You can give me the silent treatment all you want, but I'm not leaving you in the car." I glared at him even more, I noticed we were at Samuel's place." Dammit, Sam, get her." Sam came up and crouched down, I glared at him,
Sam said" Come on, Hazel, we're just gonna work one case with them and that's it." I tilted my head as I started twisting his arm back, he hissed in pain," Okay, okay. You know we wouldn't let anything happen to you, you know that. So, do you really believe that we would let hunters kill you?" I raised my eyebrow," You're thinking of the time when Dean threatened to kill me, aren't you?" I nodded,
" We need Cas to erase your memory." I slammed him into the impala." Ah, ow. Hazel, seriously?"
" Hazel, come on. We were both messed up then." I looked at him," We are both still very messed up, including you, so don't give me that look. But they can hurt us all they want, but they are dead the second they lay a finger on you, alright?"
" Just bribe her, already." I made a small scratch mark on the impala, Dean inhaled sharp," Okay, I get it. Sorry." I fixed the mark," Thanks, Baby girl."
" Please?" He looked at me with the puppy eyes,
I mumbled" You still have puppy eyes you jerk." He looked at me," Fine! But I make no promises to not hurt anyone."
" We'll take it." He lifted me up and carried me in, I kept my face hidden in his neck. They walked in and Sam sat down while Dean was moving to spy on Samuel." You okay, Hazel?" I pinched his neck," I'll take that as a hell no."

We were at the hunting place, I didn't like this, something felt really wrong, and It's scary. I slightly heard Samuel separate Sam and Dean, but paid attention when
Sam said" Don't worry. It's fine."
Dean said" Oh, nothing's fine. You're not fine. Go. Go." Sam pulled me from his neck and put me down, I glared at him then started shaking. I crawled into Dean's arms, and hid my face, something's wrong and I don't like my brothers around it.
I didn't pay much attention, I stayed low, my eyes closed, focusing my powers for if I need to save Sam or Dean. Then I heard gunshots, I shot up but looked at Dean, he signaled me to stay in the impala. So that's what I did, even though everything in my right mind told me to go with him.
Once they came back, Sam got in then Dean got in.

Once on the road, Dean said" Things go okay back there?"
Sam said" Fine."
" Nothing weird." Dean pulled over and got out, I got ready to pull them apart like normal. Sam got out too, oh just great," I saw you walk that Alpha out the door, Sam. Now, call me crazy, but that seems weird."
" Oh."
" Oh."
" You weren't supposed to know about that."
" Know what?"
" Something Samuel's been doing. Catching things, taking them somewhere, grilling them for info."
" Grill. Torture, right? And not telling me, that was his idea?"
" No. It was mine."
" Why?"
" Honestly? Because you'd mess it up. You shoot first, ask questions later. And we needed to ask questions."
" You know, I don't care if you've got soullessness... or the freakin' mumps. You know better than this."
" Do you even want your soul back?"
" How does that-"
" Have you been to the place where Samuel takes them? I mean, have you been in on these interrogations?"
" No, but I hear-"
" And what does he want, and why? Did it ever occur to you that this is really shady?"
" He's our grandfather."
" Yeah. Yeah. A guy who talks a great game. But you can't assume that family means the same thing to him... as it does to us. He's not dad. Wow. You don't see it, do you?"
" What?"
" You've got no instinct. I mean, you are seriously messed up."
" Thanks."
" I'm not kidding, man. Nobody's forcing you to work with me. Okay? But if we do this, I drive the bus. I call the shots. And you tell me everything whether you think it's important or not. Because trust me, you can't tell the difference. Or you know what? Go, go with Samuel. See how that goes. It's up to you."

They came up with yet again, another stupid plan, and both of them are very aware of my anger towards them.
Once Sam came back from said stupid plan part one,
Sam said" You didn't think I'd come back."
Dean said" Figured, 60-40."
" So Samuel didn't take the bait. So I went with Plan B."
" We had a Plan B?"
" Fired up the GPS on one of his phones. Should be able to track him to the Alpha."
" The old man won't notice?"
" Trust me. He thinks velcro is big news. There. Got him." I pinched their skin again,
" Very aware of your anger, baby sis, we know."

I heard Dean say through mind thingy,

Hazel, get your ass out of here and get to a safe place.

I tilted my head but refused and stayed put, then I teleported to a safe place which was the meadow. I waited out the night, I'm terrified, something's not right.
I decided to spy and I learned Crowley has Sam's soul, and Samuel let him. I teleported into the room, and stood next to Dean. Dean held my hand, knowing well I wanted to rip some heads off right about now.
Sam said" Working with a demon, huh? You're not who I thought you were."
Samuel said" You don't know anything about me, son."
Dean said" So, what's so important that you're the king of hell's cabana boy, huh? What'd he offer? Girls? Money? Hair?"
" I got my reasons. You gonna make a move? Go ahead."
" Or what?"
" Or nothing. I'm not gonna do anything to you, Dean. You boys... you're my family. So the way I see it, you got two choices. Put a bullet in your grandfather, or step aside." Sam pulled out his gun, Dean pushed it down, while I held it down,
Sam said" He sold us out."
Dean said" I know. Let it go."
" Why?"
" Get out of here." I went to raise my hand, as he walked pass me and to the doorway but Dean grabbed my hand and held it against him.
Sam said" So, what now?"
" We can't work for Crowley."
" You sure about that?"
" I don't think you understand. Demons bone you every time."
" Oh, no, I get it. I do. Believe me. Just running the math. Do we really have another choice?"
" We can stab him in his throat."
" And get my soul back how? Just saying. Seems like we gotta play ball. At least for the moment."
" I have done some stupid things in my time, but punching a demon's clock?"
" Look. Just till we find another way."
" And then?"
" And then we track Crowley down, give that son of a bitch what's coming to him. You with me, Dean?" I looked at Dean then to Sam, oh, we're about to be in a hole of crap.