Chapter 137

I woke up slightly when one of my brothers slid a rag under my nose, I whined and turned my head away from him.
Sam whispered" Her nose is bleeding again."
Dean whispered" Well, she's getting rest, that's all we can do."
" We should have made her stay at the bunker."
" That's the reason her nose is bleeding."
" I can't believe she pinned us both to the ceiling... for an hour."
" I can't either, but it happened and now she's resting up."
" She's pissed off, Dean."
" At us, yeah, I know."
" No... I mean, also at the world."
" We're all mad at the world, Sam."
" Dean, she watched her best friend get killed right in front of her, she watched a demon take over the shell of his body. She's handled a lot through the years... but I think she finally snapped."
" She's fine, kid's tough."
" You really believe that? Because I don't, she is bad ass, but even we've been broken down, she can only take so much. And you know, if anything happens to us, she'd kill anyone who hurt us, anyone involved."
" Oh, I know. She'd kill an entire state if it meant our safety." I dozed back off again, something doesn't feel right on the cosmic scale... and I don't understand what it is.

I was woken up, I opened my eyes to see Sam,
He said" Hey, we need your help. Dean says you didn't even wake up when the car made noise."
I said" Something's different. Something changed. I need to find out what changed."
" I'll help you, we just need your help first, think you got any juice saved up?"
" Obviously, I'd probably be dead."
" Good to know." He grabbed my arms and pulled me out of the car, I stood up, messing with my hair to make it look slightly decent." This place, it takes luck, Fortuna."
" Oh, great, that's fun." I followed him inside, Dean's eyes widened as he saw me.
He said" You got her up?"
" Shut it, brother."
" Half way, at least."

Dean put a knife to Fortuna's son's neck,
Sam said" Where's your mom? Fortuna!"
Dean said" We have your son." A woman walked down,
She said" Enough."
" Fortuna?"
" That's one of my names."
Sam said" We know you're skimming luck off what we won. We want it back."
Dean said" Or I kill him."
She said" Well, you probably could. His daddy was human. But, no."
The guy said" Mom."
" I'm sorry, baby. I can always make more sons." Dean let go of the guy,
He said" Then play me for it."
" I played you already."
" Then we go again."
" When I play someone, I get a read on them. And you- you're just a beach read. Sexy, mm, but skimmable."
" Beach read? Lady, I'm Tolstoy." She laughed,
" That's very funny. This one here- he could be interesting."
" Wait. No, no, no. That's- Unh-unh." Sam's not good at pool, that's the one thing Dean can beat him on, I'm not that good at pool either, but put me on a deck of cards, I'd take all your damn money.
Sam said" Fine. Yeah, I'll play. But not for our luck. I'll play for the lives of everybody in here."
She said" No. Only for your luck, and if you lose, I get your lives. Come on, you threatened my baby, my livelihood. An example must be made. So, are you in?"

They were playing, Sam got two in the first hit,
She said" Guess that makes me solids." Sam got another one in, then another," So, why do you need this luck so bad? Girlfriend problems? Liver failure?"
Sam said" Accursed by God."
" Life's a bitch, then you die."
Dean said" The God... literally cursed us."
" You've met?"
" Yeah. Little guy, squirrelly as hell."
" Yeah, that's him. Well, welcome to the club."
" The club?" She got a shot in,
" Yes, the club. God created the world, but you know who created us Gods? You did. You humans. Sort of." She made another shot," When you apes first climbed down from the trees, you didn't pray to him. You prayed to the- the sun, the womb, the rain, and the stars. Well, at first, the creator was furious. How dare you not recognize his beneficence?" She got another one in," But soon enough, he birthed us- Ra, Anu, Hera, Mixcoatl, all the rest."
" Why?"
" Why?" She scoffed," Why?" She missed the shot," To take the blame. Bad harvest? Stillborn child? Our bad. Not his. Plus, we made for epic stories. But his ego could only handle that for so long. Now he's happy to hide behind whatever religion has the best syndication deal. While we survive on scraps in the wilderness." Sam made a shot," Most gods, they've forgotten. But I'm old. I hold a grudge." Sam made another shot," Oh, well. What are you gonna do?"
I said" We're gonna fight him."
" Are you, now?! And when you lose?"
Sam said" We lose swinging. Eight ball, corner pocket." Please make that shot, please make that shot. Then he made the shot!
" You little minx! You got me talking. You're good."
" I learned from my brother."
Dean said" Alright, you know the deal. Even up."
She said" What do you say we make it interesting? Okay? You're gonna fight god. That's the stuff of heroes, right? So, you're gonna need the luck of heroes- Hercules, Cuchulain, Gilgamesh. I helped them all. I can help you, too."
Sam said" What's the catch?"
" Another game. Double or nothing."
Dean said" Double. That's how the cowboy died."
" Mm-hmm."
Sam said" Yeah. Deal. But not for more luck. For them. If I win, you have to let them go."
" Honey, I'm not stopping them."
" Okay, then when I win, you have to give back the luck you stole. Close up shop."
" What is with you and these losers? They're nothing! They don't matter."
" They matter to me."
Dean said" They matter to us."
She said" Well, fine. Rack 'em up."

She kept getting the balls in, shit, shit, shit.
She said" Eight ball, corner pocket." She got it in," You challenged the goddess of luck in her own joint. What did you think was gonna happen?"
Dean said" Well, we had to try."
" Well, that was stupid."

We walked out,
Dean said" Thought she was gonna kill us."
Sam said" Yeah, she doesn't have to. Our luck will do that on its own. Dean, we can't just-"
" Just leave them. No. I know. Alright, well, let's go find some wifi and see what kills Lady Luck. Then we'll circle back." The door opened and the people walked out,
" Hey. What-What's going on? What happened?"
The girl said" She... she shut it down."
" What?!"
Dean said" Why?"
She said" Because of you. She said she thought your kind had gone extinct."
I said" Our kind?"
" Heroes. Like the old days. And, uh, she gave me a message. She said, Don't play his game. Make him play yours." She held out the coin, Sam grabbed it, she walked away. The coin glowed, Dean grabbed it, it glowed, he put it in my hand, it glowed. He grabbed it back,
Dean said" Come on." We got into the car, he pushed in the key and she revved," Oh! We're back, baby!"
——
We walked into the map room,
Dean said" Alright, this is it. Last scratcher. Come on, come on. What the hell? I mean, so much for that Luck of Hercules crap."
Sam said" So, we didn't win the lottery. But no car trouble. Uh, credit cards work."
I said" Oh, and back to back bacon double cheeseburgers didn't kill you, so..."
Dean said" That was beautiful, by the way. I'm just saying would it have killed her to give us a little extra?" We walked into the library,
Sam said" Well, she thinks we're real heroes. Maybe they don't get all the shortcuts."
" Friggin' gods, man." Cas walked out, I yawned," Cas?"
" Hey. Everything okay?" Then I saw Jack,
He said" Hello."
" Jack?"
Cas said" It's really him." Sam walked over to him first, and hugged him, Dean followed. I stayed still, I can't process right now, and I don't know if I want to hug him or beat the living shit out of him.

Sam said" Jack, you-you ate their hearts?"
Jack said" I... had to."
Dean said" And you let him?" Cas nodded,
Sam said" You could have called us."
Jack said" Every day I wanted to come home, but... I couldn't."
Dean said" Why not?"
" Because if I don't stay hidden, if I use my powers, my grandfather- he'll know I'm back, and he'll try and kill me... again. He's afraid of me. And that's why we had to wait."
Cas said" Billie kept him hidden in the Empty until Chuck went off world."
" She let me out when it was safe."
Dean said" Safe to what? Eat a bunch of angel hearts?"
" Safe to do what I have to. The hearts, they were just the beginning. They made me strong, but I-I'm not strong enough. I... If I do exactly what she says, if I follow her plan, then I'll get stronger and... I'll be able to kill God." I let the beer bottle in front of me fly across the room and shatter on the wall, I teleported to my room. I breathed heavily... I screamed, the lightbulb in my lamp shattered. Anything loose started to float around me at a high speed, I breathed heavily, and crashed onto my knees.