Chapter 32

I screamed at Sam as he took my coloring book away from me. He frowned then threw it up on the dash, it was really late. Sam said" Go to sleep, Hazel, it's way past your bedtime."
I screamed" I don't wanna go to sleep! I'm staying up!"
" Why don't you wanna go to sleep?"
" I'm not going to sleep!" We were parked on the side of the road, Dean in the front sleeping. Sam and I were in the back, Sam grabbed me and lifted me up before getting out of the car. He lifted me up and sat me on the roof of the impala,
" Hazel, it's just you and me. Why don't you wanna go to sleep?"
" Something's wrong, and I have to keep you both safe. I can't lose you guys too."
" Hazel, you need to get sleep, you're only a kid, we're supposed to be keeping you safe. Not the other way around, and I know you don't understand that really, but I will protect you and Dean. Dean'll protect me and you."
" But I'm the one with powers, and if you guys get hurt then I'll be alone! I'll have no one!"
" Hey, hey, it's okay, Hazel. But I need you to get some sleep, at least, even if it's only naps, okay?"
" Okay, Sammy." He lifted me up and we got back into the impala, he laid me on his chest and started humming a song. I closed my eyes and fell asleep after a few minutes.

We were dealing with a poltergeist, they went to talk to the people in the house. The woman babysat Sam and Dean when they were kids.
Once we got to a dinner, I was sitting next to Sam as Dean got the food, once Dean came back. I grabbed my food and Dean handed Sam the fork to his salad shake. Sam started shaking the cup, I looked at Dean then to Sammy. I nodded, Sam stopped once he saw us looking at him.
Dean said" Oh, you shake it up, baby. You know poltergeist aside, Donna looked pretty good, don't you think?"
Sam said" Dude, don't tell me you've still got the hots for our babysitter."
" What? No. That's weird. I'm just saying that she, you know, she- she's, she's doing good. You know, with her husband, her kid. This whole Amityville thing being thrown at them, and they're hanging tough."
" Yeah."
" You ever think that you'd want something like that? Wife, rugrats, the whole nine?"
" No. I mean,  not really my thing anymore."
" Yeah. What do you got?"
" Uh, well, that house of theirs, it's old, really old. Um, hundreds of years. And I found a legend. It's unconfirmed, but still..."
" Saying?"
" Supposedly, in the 1720s. House was owned by a guy named Isaiah Pickett. Legend has it he a hung a woman in his backyard for witchcraft, a woman named Maggie Briggs."
" Okay, so an angry ghost witch?"
" If it's true. That still doesnt explain what Murdered Chylde means."
" No. Or where the bitch is buried."
" You know, I mean, It's a long way back, but I can see if I can find something in the town records."
" It's worth a shot."

Dean was on the phone to Sammy,
Dean said" So, any luck?"
" Bubkes. Can't even find proof a woman named Maggie Briggs existed. Much less where she was planted."
" Alright. Well, we've got a minute to breathe here. So, Let's pick it up first thing."
" You bet. See you in a few." Then he hung up,
I said" Can I have ice cream?"
He said" You cannot have ice cream, Hazel. Stop naming off treats."
" Please?" I looked at him with the puppy dog eyes and tilted my head with a crooked smile.
" You..." he pointed to me," You are a sinister little girl."
" Sam taught me how to. Blame the giant!" He laughed then shook his head and lifted me up onto his back, then he bought me ice cream.

We walked into the motel room, I tilted my head when we saw Sam,
Dean said" Where the hell you been, man? I've been trying to call you for hours."
Sam said" I picked up some food. Bacon burger turbo, large chili cheese fry, right? And grilled cheese, extra cheese, small fry, right?" Dean and I looked at him then took the bags from him," Sorry, man. Really. I-I just, I lost track of time. I didn't mean to freak you out." Oh... 'kay, something's not right here!
" Thanks. Don't know why it took you two hours, but thanks."
" Oh, you're gonna want to eat that on the road."
" Why?"
" The maid came in, saw that, and now they're all kind of freaking out."
" Why'd you let the maid in?"
" It just happened."
" Whatever. I got to hit the head, and then we'll take off."
" Alright. I-I'll be outside." Dean put me down, I whined then looked at Sam, holding my hands up. I'm sleepy, Sam ignored my gesture then walked out. Okay, now I know that's not Sammy, Sammy always picks me up when I'm tired, no matter what happened. I tilted my head then grabbed his hand, a giant flow of energy came back to me and pushed me back. I felt dizzy then fell asleep, falling back onto the bed.
Not Sammy and Dean went somewhere, I didn't care, I know I didn't feel good. My phone rang,
I said" Hello?"
A boy's voice said" Oh, Hazel, thank god. It's Sam. Just... something's up and it's confusing and I'm stumped. I'm in this kid's body, and the kid's in mine."
" Already got that. He practices witchcraft."
" You can say it, I did."
" Satanic bastard, So... can I slam him into the wall with my powers?"
" No, he's still in my body, and I want my body to stay intake, okay?"
" I won't hurt the body."
" Hazel, do not cut my body, okay?"
" Fine."
" Good, on the same page. Look, I don't have time to explain everything but you try to find me, okay? I don't know what to do, Dean's not answering any of the phones."
" It's okay, Sammy, I've got your back."
" Thanks, Hazel." Then he hung up, oh this Satanic boy is going to get it for messing with my Sammy.
Fake Sam, Gary said" The real truth is is that she was carrying his illegitimate child, and he killed her and then buried her in the basement."
Dean said" Her murdered chylde. That would explain the scratches. How do you know all this?"
" Oh, I've done all kinds of research on it." Oh, this kid is an idiot, a really dumb idiot," I mean, you know... last night."
" Yeah. Nice work... I guess." They got into the impala and Dean's annoying music started to play, I rolled my eyes and looked at him.
" Aw, man, turn it up!"
" Seriously?"
" Hell yeah!"
I screamed" Turn it up, I will kill you!" Dean turned it," I'm killing you!"

We got to Isaiah's house, and went into the basement, Gary was horrible at pretending.
He said" Boo-yah! Master chief is in the house, Bizatches!"
Dean said" Are you alright?" And I have proven my case, Dean is the dumbest hunter in this entire universe!
" Yeah. Fine."
" Well, I'll be damned. Willow moss."
" Yeah, right. It's, uh, supposed to grow over witches' graves, right?"
" Yeah."
Dean and I were digging up the grave, Gary said" Hey, man, I'm really sorry about this."
Dean said" Sorry about what?" Then Gary was slammed into a wall, I hid my smile, he gets what he deserves. I stayed by the body as Dean went to help " Sam "
" Let's get out of here!"
" Whoa, whoa, whoa. We still got to burn the body, you idiot. Come on." Then Dean was knocked back, I ran to him and held back the ghost with my mind. Then the ghost burned,
" Dude. That was sweet!" I looked at Dean then made Gary trip, and nearly fall into the fire. Dean swatted at me, I smiled then walked upstairs and to the impala.

Sam's in trouble. There's more practicers.

I closed my eyes and appeared next to a passed out boy, aka Sam. I turned and saw two teenagers, I lowered my head and flung them back against the wall.

They know Dean, protect Dean.

I said" You know Dean? Have you idiots been talking to demons? I don't wanna know... but once your little friend is out of my brother's body. I'm gonna- no, Sam'll heal, I can hurt him in Sam's body." I disappeared and appeared back at the motel we were staying at.
Once Dean came in,
I said" That's not Sam, and if you haven't figured that out, by now. You're the dumbest idiot in the entire world! And now he's made me mad. He's going to kill you and I make no promises on not hurting him till he switches into his own body!" I breathed heavily, looking at Dean, I'm really angry.
He said" Oh, you are a whole other level of pissed off. And I know, so wanna help me catch him?"

We set up a trick, and once Gary was pointing a gun at the pillows, Dean punched him and grabbed his collar. Dean said" You're not Sam. Who the hell are you?"
Gary said" Ow!" I moved him from Dean's hands and slammed him into the wall.
" You also pissed off the wrong kid."

Dean made me let him go, I was pouting in the corner. Dean listened to all the voicemails that Sam left him,
Dean said" Alright, Pal, either you start talking or I start waterboarding."
Gary said" Oh, my god. Please, don't hurt me. Please! I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry!"
" Okay. Hey, pull it together, Champ."
" I don't want to die. I don't want to die."
" Where's Sam?"
" In my.. friend's basement. His parents are out of town."
" Parents? How old are you?"
" 17."
" 17?" Then Dean was slammed back, I went alert then ran to him,
" Nora?"
The girl said" Not at the moment." I stood up and raised my hands, the demon knocked me into a wall and I hit my head. Everything went black.

I woke up, Dean said" So, Gary?"
Gary said" Yeah. I know, my bad."
" My bad? Kid, my bad ain't gonna cut it. See, if you were of voting age... you'd be dead. Because we would kill you. So either you straighten up and fly right or we will kill you. Are we clear?"
" Crystal."
" Good. And I think my sister still wants to kill you, so we better get you out of here." They all walked towards the door, I locked it just as they were out to open it.
Sammy said" Hazel, please?" I unlocked it then Sammy came back and lifted me into his arms, I was engulfed by his familiar and calming scent. I relaxed and fell asleep.
I woke up,
Sam said" Do you think Hazel would have killed him?"
Dean said" I don't know, she was beyond pissed off. But I don't think she would have killed him, but she does seem a little off."
" What do you mean?"
" She's out of it. Ever since that case at the ward."
" Well, we were out of it there."
" But we got over it once that wraith was dead."
" Dean, she's... she's barely getting any sleep. She can feel something bad and she wants to keep us safe, I think she wants to keep us safe so bad, that she'd kill anyone and everything."
" Well, that's not good."
" I can sometimes hear her when she's sleeping, she'll mumble random words to Lucifer and angels and demons."
" What do you think she knows?"
" I think she knows as much as we do, she's just on high alert."
" What do we do?"
" As much as I don't want her away from me, I think she needs a break and fast."