Chapter 19

I walked downstairs to hear
Dean say" Look, all I know is I was not groped by an angel."
Sam said" Okay, look, Dean. Why do you think this Castiel would lie to you about it?"
" Maybe he's some kind of demon. Demons lie."
" A demon who's immune to salt rounds and devil's traps. And Ruby's knife?! Dean, Lilith is scared of that thing!"
" Don't you think that if angels were real, that some hunter somewhere would have seen one... at some point... ever?!"
" Yeah. You just did, Dean."
" I'm trying to come up with a theory here. Okay? Work with me."
" Dean, we have a theory."
" Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please."
" Okay, look. I'm not saying we know for sure. I'm just saying that I think we-"
" Okay, okay. That's the point. We don't know for sure, so I'm not gonna believe that this thing is a freaking angel of the lord because it says so!"
Bobby said" You two chuckleheads want to keep arguing religion, or do you want to come take a look at this?" I walked to Bobby's desk, Sam and Dean following," I got stacks of lore, biblical, pre-biblical. Some of it's in damn cuneiform. It all says an angel can snatch a soul from the pit."
" What else?"
" What else, what?"
" What else could do it?"
" Airlift your ass out of the hot box? As far as I can tell, nothing."
Sam said" Dean, this is good news."
Dean said" How?"
" Because for once, this isn't just another round of demon crap. I mean, maybe you were saved by one of the good guys, you know?"
" Okay. Say it's true. Say there are angels. Then what? There's a God?"
Bobby said" At this point, Vegas money's on yeah."
" I don't know guys."
Sam said" Okay, look. I know you're not all choirboy about this stuff, but this is becoming less and less about faith and more and more about proof."
" Proof?"
" Yes."
" Proof that there's a God out there that actually gives a crap about me personally? I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it."
" Why not?"
" Because why me? If there is a God out there, why would he give a crap about me?"
" Dean-"
" I mean, I've saved some people, okay? I figured that made up for the stealing and the ditching chicks. But why do I deserve to get saved? I'm just a regular guy."
" Apparently, you're a regular guy that's important to the man upstairs."
" Well, that creeps me out. I mean, I don't like getting singled out at birthday parties, much less by... God."
" Okay, well too bad, Dean, because I think he wants you to strap on your party hat."
" Fine. What do we know about angels?"
Bobby said" Start reading." He put a big stack of big books in front of us,
" You're gonna get me some pie."

I went with Sam, 'cause 1, he always forgets everything, and 2, I'm telling him my secret first, he's less likely to yell at me. I was sitting shotgun, messing with my thumbs,
Sam said" You're quiet. Why are you quiet?" I didn't say anything," Okay, I get it that you were pushed back into this life... and now all of this stuff, huh? It's gotta be a little scary for you, right?"
I said" Would you be mad if I kept a secret from you?"
" I don't know, kinda depends on what the secret it. Why do you ask?"
" Because I'm keeping a secret from you guys."
" How big of a secret?"
" A really big one." Then his phone rang,
" We're gonna continue this." He answered it, and started talking with Dean. I looked down and messed with my thumbs, I'm nervous he'll be mad at me. I didn't really listen till we pulled up to the store," Yes, Dean, I'll get the chips. Dude. When have I ever forgotten the pie? Exactly." He motioned for me to go ahead, I got out and walked into the store. I grabbed the things that I wanted then waited for Sam to come in, once he did, I paid for my stuff and waited in the car. Once he came back out,
He said" Now, what secret are you keeping from us, Haz?"
I said" I-I have these... never mind, it's not a big deal."
" No, no. It is, especially if you're keeping it to yourself."
" I have powers!"
" What do you mean?"
" I have powers, I-I don't un-understand them... but.. but I do got them."
" Hazel, what kind of powers?"
" I-I knew that demon girl was a demon before she even said it. It goes away sometimes but it always comes back, especially when it's about you or Dean. It's how I knew you were keeping a secret. And... and I talked to Castiel in my dreams... he says I have to help get Dean to believe. B-But De's gonna be mad at me, if I tell him."
" I'll tell him for you, he deserves to know this, but I'm not sure he'll believe it. He's set on this."
I laid down in the seat and closed my eyes, laying my head on his lap, I fell asleep.