Chapter 118

They talked about something last night while I was asleep, and how Dean's acting, it wasn't good. I took out my headphones as Dean got out of the car, Sam called Cas.
Cas said" Sam."
Sam said" Cas."
" Were you able to talk him out of it?"
" No. So I'm counting on you. Um, any luck?"
" I-I did as you asked. I-I've looked for any possible way to forcibly extract Michael and destroy him. But so far, nothing."
" And what about Rowena?"
" She went through the entire Book of the Damned and found nothing. And I told her to do it again, see if she missed something, and, uh... well, the woman has a remarkable command of profanity."
" All right, thanks. Uh, keep going."
" Sam. Maybe if I spoke with Dean..."
" It wouldn't matter. Believe me, I-I've never seen him like this. He won't listen to me. H-He just- No. If we don't find some way... Dean's gone."

Sam said" Listen, I, uh- I'm pretty sure I found us a case."
Dean said" A case?"
" Yeah."
" You know this trip isn't about finding a case."
" I know, I know, but- but it's on the way- uh, Fort Dodge, Iowa. And if we can help, then shouldn't we?"
" It's on the way. Maybe. Yeah. One last case for the Winchester boys and girl."
" Don't- D-You had to there. Okay, j-just... There have been at least two murders. Uh, one was just tonight, and The police reports say a couple days ago, a woman drowned in, uh, bloody, red saltwater."
" Like seawater?"
" Yeah, except there's no sea around here. And then, tonight, a guy had his throat slit. Both bodies were dumped in alleys. The murders happened somewhere else. And both vics had graffiti carved in them."
" Graffiti?"
" That's what the cops said. But, uh... it wasn't graffiti." He showed Dean the tablet, Enochian, just great.
" Enochian."
" Yeah."
——
The killer knows Enochian, which isn't a good thing, so maybe an strayed angel... maybe not.
Dean said" My plan?" He was on the phone with Cas... dammit, Cas! Dammit!, Dean looked at Sam and me," Look, I'm fine with my plan, okay? We can talk about my plan later. Does the name Tony Alvarez mean anything to you? Say more." Dean looked at us, we looked at him, I sighed," Okay. Thank, Cas. Look, I really got to handle this right now, okay? So thank you, and, uh... it's good to head your voice." Dean hung up," Really?"
Sam said" Dean, it's Cas. I had to tell him."
" Well, it turns out that Alan's friend Tony is a killer prophet. How's that even possible?"
" I guess anyone can be a prophet, right? Not like there's a-a background check or anything."
" Yeah, but before one reveals itself, the previous one has to die. So does that mean Donatello's dead?"

Dean said" Dr. Rashad? Hi. It's Dean Winchester. Yes, yeah. We-We've spoken before. Uh, I'm Donatello Redfield's nephew. Yeah, how is-how is Donatello? He's, um... he's still alive, right? Uh-huh. Well, Uncle Donny's a fighter. You keep me posted, okay?" He hung up," He's still with us."
Sam said" So, wait a second. I-If Donatello's still technically online, then-then why is Tony Alvarez off the bench?"
" Let's ask him."
——
We broke into Tony Alvarez's place,
Sam said" Tony Alvarez?" We split, looking around then met in the middle room,
Dean said" Enochian 101. Looks like a whole semester of Prophet-speak." Dean started snapping pictures of the walls covered in Enochian and english, Sam moved to the desk and moved a paper. He revealed pictures of victims,
" Whoa."
" Hey, check this out. Are these future vics?" We looked at the wall with normal creepy pictures,
" I don't know. But these look familiar."
" Mm. Well, he likes souvenirs. Explains how our lady vic drowned."
" Look at this. It's all word of god and divine retribution. I-I mean, slaughter of firstborn sons, the-the drowning of Egyptians in the Red Sea..."
" Wait, wait, wait. So, Alan was the oldest of the twins, right?"
" Yeah."
" So firstborn."
" Of course."
" And then she died in salty, bloody water. The red sea. So then, what's next up?"
" Hey, Dean."
I said" And there went out fire from
the lord and devoured them."
Dean said" Hey, Sam, Hazel. Check this out." We looked at the polaroids of the vics, there's a name of a place, that's an amazing start to finding out what the hell's going on.