Chapter 74

Sam and I walked into the garage, I shook my head,
Sam and I said" Hey."
Dean said" Hey."
" Dude, what's up with the shorts?"
" It's a free bunker." We scoffed," Did you Find anything?" Sam grabbed a sponge and helped Dean clean Baby.
" Not on the darkness. No."
" What about metatron?"
" Still in the wind. No leads."
" Great. So we have an ancient evil out there somewhere, just getting stronger by the day."
" Cas is getting better, so there's that. Still wants to fix your, uh-"
" I'm fine. Fine. 100%."
" Alright, well, he's not. He still needs more time to heal."
" Well... guess we got nothing to do but get better. I don't know about you, but... I've got some serious cabin fever. I've washed every car in here twice."
" Well, Hazel might have found us a case. I mean, it's thin-"
" Hey, thin works. Tell me on the way." I was still benched,
I said" I now regret telling you anything, Sammy!"
" Sorry, Baby girl. You're still healing, you're staying here till further notice."
" Fine." I knew he saw that spark in my eye,
" You know what? Fine. Do whatever you want, just don't leave the bunker." He walked away, Sam looked at me,
Sam said" Don't do anything stupid... that could injure you." Then he walked away to, I followed them both and smiled.

I heard Sam, I walked into the library, I said" Cas, you're supposed to be resting."
Cas said" I can help."
" And you need to relax."
" Sam, said something of netflix, what is it?"
" Oh, now this is gonna be fun. Come on, Castiel, I can finally teach you things without those two jerks around to stop me." I grabbed his hand and pulled him up and to Sam's room, I pushed him down onto the bed and turned on Sam's tv. I turned it to Netflix and flipped through the shows and movies till I found Orange is the New Black. I tilted my head then pressed play," Here we go, binge a series, I'm going out, I'll be back soon. Don't tell."
" I thought Dean banned-"
" Shh. Don't tell, being a snitch is very bad, and we are professional liars so snitches are our enemies."
" I don't understand."
" Shush! I'll be back soon, I'm goin' to the store, Sam is a health rabbit and trashed most of the beer."
" You are underage."
" I'm Dean's sister, do you really want to have this conversation?"
" I'll watch what you told me to."
" Good job, Cas." I backed out of the room and ran to the garage, I grabbed the keys to one of the old motorcycles and then drove off.
Once I got to the store, I closed my eyes and focused on my powers, I got off the bike then walked in. I grabbed a case of beer and a few other things then walked to the cashier. The guy looked at me with a raised eyebrow,
He said" ID, please." I took out my ID and gave it to him, he looked at it then rang up the beer and other things. I took the beer and other things after paying him. Then I left, I sighed then smiled wickedly as I got to my bike, I put the beers in my bag then the other stuff. I got on and drove back to the bunker fast.

Once I got back, I yelled" Cas, I'm back! About to get half drunk, you better be relaxing." I took the stuff to my room and opened a beer, I sat down at my desk and took a sip of the beer while going back to my research, I stopped looking for my family, but now I'm gonna try to continue that search.

Cas was watching the show still, then I heard Cas calling Dean,
Dean said" Cas, You okay?"
Cas said" I'm mostly confused. I'm not sure how orange correlates with black in a way that's new."
" Step away from the netflix."
" Sorry."
" It's okay. We've all had a binge. You find anything in the lore?"
" Well, there is a creature that feeds on hearts and blood."
" A were-pire, you might say? Come on, I know you want to say it." I shook my head to Cas,
I whispered" Do not encourage him."
Cas said" In the lore, it's referred to as a Whisper."
Dean said" That's lame."
" Silver will kill it, but you may want to decapitate it just to be sure."
" Alright, sounds good. I'm at the crime scene now. It was staged. The body was dragged. There were no signs of struggle."
" Body was moved there to like more like an animal attack?"
" Yeah, maybe. It was pretty sloppy, though. You, uh... what else you got on these things?"
" Listen to this. Whispers have a fascinating history."
" Hang on."
" They're- they're.. Actually, they were once believed to be in the bloodline of werewolves, but in fact, they are more similar to demons." I zoned out Cas' voice and listened to the background noise.
" Deputy."
A man said" What's going on, agent?" I couldn't understand... there was a loud noise like a train. Then I heard grunts and a loud thud, then punches, then a gunshot.
I said" Dean?!"
Then I heard Dean say" Ah, it turns out I did shoot the deputy."
" Dean, is everything-"
" The deputy was a were-pire. It's alright. Silver bullets worked."
" No, Dean, listen... according to the lore, the timing is off. The next solar eclipse in North America is years away. It can't be a-"
" Hang on."
" Dean, no, no, wait. Listen, it could be-" I heard growling, I looked at Cas, then heard a head being chopped off,
" Scratch that. You gotta cut off their..."
" Dean, it's not a Whisper."
" Yeah, I'm starting to get that. Give me a second." i heard gunshots," All right, that..." then I heard the back door open and the cooler being dragged out. He didn't... oh, he's so gross!," Smile, asshat. Alright, Cas, Haz, you there?"
" Duh. What's happening?"
" Well, whatever it is, silver slows it down. I, uh, I'm sending you a picture right now... I-I've never seen anything like it. See if there's a match in the lore, would ya?"
Cas said" I'm on it." I looked at Cas then grabbed some more books, we started trying to find anything that matched that set of chompers.

Cas called Dean,
Dean said" Hey, Cas, tell me you got something that doesn't involve chicks in prison."
Sam and I said" Bet you never thought you'd say that out loud." I smiled in victory, oh, I love mind reading.
Cas said" It's a Nachzehrer."
Sam said" Come again?"
I said" A ghoul and vampire-like creature. And one, two..."
Dean said" A ghoul-pire! Right?" I knew the face Sam was giving Dean,
" Some breeds chew down the flesh of the dead. Others feed on the blood and hearts of the living. They run in small packs, but they usually keep an extremely low profile."
" Great. So how do we kill 'em?"
" Well... they're already dead. So speaking, they just need to be reminded that they're dead. You need a Charon's Obol."
Sam said" Of course. Yeah, in ancient Greece, uh, when a person died, some people believed you had to out an Obol, or a-a coin, in their mouth so they can use it as currency to be taken across the river to the underworld."
Cas said" Right, you place a coin in a Nachzehrer's mouth, then severe their head, and that will kill them. And according to the lore, if you kill the pack's alpha, everyone they've turned will revert back to human form."
Dean said" Awesome. Alright, where do we find an Obol?"
" Well, according to the Men of Letters' records, you're gonna need a copper coin." I covered Cas' mouth,
I said" They used to use pennies, you'll need one. But minted pre-1982. Sam, geek over."
Sam said" So before 1982, pennies were 95% copper. Since then, they're only copper-plated zinc." I smiled then scoffed,
Dean said" Wow. Your nerdiness knows no bounds."
" You're welcome."
" Alright, well, thanks Cas. Good work. Way to come off the bench."
Cas said" What bench?" I laughed, shaking my head,
Sam said" Just get back to getting better, okay?" Then Dean hung up, and I looked at Cas,
" I don't understand-"
I said" Cas, figure of speech, buddy, figure of speech." I shook my head then walked away from him.

Once my brothers came back, they were beat up bad, I sighed then
I said" Cas, get in here!" I walked to my brothers and helped Sam down the stairs since he was limping already." Haven't I told you two not to get hurt? Or do you just not listen to me?"
Dean said" Not listen, mom."
" Cas, don't heal Dean yet."
" Bitch."
" Asshat." Sam was amused," Stop smiling, big foot." Cas walked in, and looked at us," Don't heal Dean." Cas nodded,
" Cas?"
Cas said" She's frightening." I raised my fist in the air, smirking as I saw Dean smile a bit.
I said" Okay, fix his face. And fix Sam." Cas healed Sam and Dean," Can I do that?" Cas shook his head," Sure about that?"
" It would take an extreme amount of power, maybe when you are older you'll be able to."
" Fair enough. You two better live long enough so I can heal your asses one day."
Dean said" We'll try for you." He kissed my head," Only for you, and that mojo." 
" You son of a bitch! Hey, Sammy, so you know how you said don't do anything stupid..."
Sam said" What did you do?"
" Used my fake ID to buy beer and I rode a motorcycle." Dean ruffled my hair, smiling,
Dean mumbled" Yep... she's our sister, alright."