Chapter 58

Going to S7E23... Survival of the Fittest
———————————————————
Sam and Dean made me go into hiding because one, they didn't trust me not to do my own thing. Two, they wanted to keep me really safe.

I appeared in the cabin after they've got everything, Dean said" Didn't we say-"
I said" I don't listen to either of you, and you're sure enough not fighting anything without me. Deal with it, Big brother." Dean out his hands up in surrender then took a step back. They were summoning Crowley, once he didnt show, there was a knock at the door. It was Meg. Sam opened the door and I appeared next to Dean,
Meg said" You deal with him. I can't anymore."
Dean said" You might want to be more specific."
" I was laying low halfway across the world when Emo boy pops up out of nowhere and zaps me right back here."
" Why?"
" Go ask him. He was your boyfriend first." Dean grabbed a jacket then walked out,
Once they came inside,
Cas said" Now, you understand, I don't participate in aggressive activity." He sniffed the bone," Mm. Sister Mary Constant. Good choice." I dropped my head, I swear every word I say to him, goes straight through him.
Dean said" Why'd you go to Meg, Cas?"
" When I left, I wanted to observe the flowers and fruit. Flowers come first, obviously. But I heard nothing from them."
Sam said" You heard nothing from who?"
" The garrison."
" What happened to the garrison?"
" Well, finally, the silence was deafening, so I went to look... to the home of the prophet. You know, Leviathan can kill angels. There's a reason why father locked then in purgatory. They're the... piranha that would eat the whole aquarium. They're gone. The entire garrison dead. If there's anyone left at all, they're in hiding."
Dean said" Um, I'm sorry. If the angels are dead, where's Kevin?"
" I could steal then from their cages, the monkeys. But where would I put them all?"
" Hey! Focus. Is Kevin alive?"
" I don't want to fight."
" No, I'm not- we're worried."
" They took him. He's alive. I felt such responsibility but it's in your hands now."
" Wait. Hold on a freakin' minute."
" I feel much better."
Meg said" Guys, what's all that?"
Sam said" We called Crowley."
" You what?"
Dean said" Don't worry. He never showed."
" What do you mean never-"
" Do you see him anywhere? He stood us up."
" Well, I'm sorry about that, but I'm outie. He could still sh-"
Crowley said" Show up at any time. Hello, boys. Sorry I'm late. This is an embarrassment of riches. Stay, won't you? There's really nowhere to run. Don't even think about smoking out, pussycat. I've got eyes all over the place."
Cas said" Leave her be."
" Castiel. When last we spoke, you- well, enslaved me. I'm confused. Why aren't you dead?"
" I... Don't know."
" Well, do you want to be? 'Cause I can help with that."
Dean said" Alright, that's enough."
" It's enough when I say. I came here to help you. I find out you've been lying to me, harboring an angel, and not just any angel... the one angel I most want to crush between my teeth."
Meg said" Oh, so you can crush angels now, huh?"
" You bore me. You know that? You have no sense of poetry. Now, what do you have to say for yourself?"
Cas said" Well, I'm still, uh, honing my communication strategy. I haven't even been back to heaven. I-I keep thinking there are no insects up there, but here we have... trillions. You know, they're making honey and silk... and miracles, really."
" What are you talking about?"
" Um, preferring insects to angels, I guess. Here. I can offer a token, if you like. It's honey. I-I collected it myself."
" You're off your rocker. He's off his rocker- is that it? Karma's a bitch, isn't it?"
Dean said" Look, did you come here to, uh, doggy punch your old grudges or to help us end dick? Pick a battle."
" Well, I'm vexed. I'd like to do both. Text me when Sparkles here retrieves his marbles, I suppose. Meanwhile... a prezzie."
Sam said" Really? Just boxed up and ready to go?"
" I'm a model of efficiency."
" Is that right? Then why were you late?"
" Dick had me in a devil trap. He's not an idiot. He knows what you two are after."
" So what did he offer you?"
" A fair deal. In exchange for giving you the wrong blood... it's demon, but is it mine? It's my blood. Real deal."
I said" And why should we trust you?"
" Good god, don't. Never trust anyone. A lesson I learned from my last business partner. Alright."
Dean said" Give us the blood."
" Certainly. Oh, bonus. Meg, I'm gonna scoop you up, take you home, and roast you till you're jerky. But not... yet. Cas can have you for now. Hilariously, it seems he'd be upset at losing you. And the boys need Cas to get Dick. Don't they, Cas?"
Cas said" Oh, I- I don't fight anymore."
" Come on. Given the particulars of your enemy, sadly, you're vital." He threw the blood and Sam caught it before it hit the ground, then Crowley was gone.