Chapter 107

Sam was explaining our world,
Sam said" The ice caps are melting. People marching. A little bit of, uh, craziness in the movie world. Business billionaire mogul turned President, embroiled in yet another controversy. And that... is pretty much the world, uh, our world, right now."
Bobby said" Let me get this right. The ice caps are melting, a movie where a girl goes all the way with a fish... wins Best Picture, and that damn fool idjit from The Apprentice is President."
" Yeah."
" And you call where we came from Apocalypse World?"
" Good point. Sorry. Oh. Excuse me." I walked to him, listening in," Dean."
Dean said" Hey, Sam. Got something."
" Alright. I'm on my way." Sam nodded to me and we headed out to meet Dean.

Once we got there, Dean said" Alright, gang's all here."
Sam said" How many are inside?"
Cas said" I can hear three. Wait, maybe- maybe four. They're talking about whether Kylie Jenner would make a good mother. The consensus is no."
Dean said" Yeah, well, that's why I'm a Khloe man. Alright, we're talking werewolves, which means..."
Jack said" Silver bullets."
" That's right. So... you know the play. Let's do it to it." We went in, Cas took the one on the outside, we busted in and Jack and I raised our hand, holding them off as Dean and Sam shot them, We let go of the wolves as they stopped shooting.

I was in my room, nodding off when I felt Jack was having a bad dream, I got up and walked to his room. I saw Dean in there,
Dean said" You're just having a bad dream."
Jack said" Sorry."
" It's okay. You don't have to apologize. I have 'em, too. All the time."
" You do?"
" Sure."
" You, um... what do you see?"
" Well, depends. Mostly... mostly people I couldn't save."
" Me too. Over there in the other world, I said I'd protect those people. But... I saw so many of them die. And... I tried to save them. I...I tried, but... I wasn't strong enough."
" Jack... it's not about being strong. I mean... Look, I don't know what you saw over there and I don't know what you went through. I know it was bad. But I also know that you came out the other side because you are strong. But even when we're strong, man, things are gonna happen. We're gonna make mistakes. Nobody's perfect. Right? But we can get better. Every day, we can get better. So whatever you're dealing with, you know, whatever... whatever comes at us, we'll figure out a way to deal with it, together. You're family, kid, and we look after our own." Sam ran up,
He said" Dean."
" What's wrong?"

We were looking at Maggie's body,
Jack said" I said I'd protect her, and, Sam..."
Sam said" Stop, Jack. This isn't your fault."
Dean said" What happened to her?" I held Jack's hand, lacing our fingers together.
Mary said" I don't know. Doesn't look supernatural."
Bobby said" Looks like some son of a bitch beat on her until..."
Cas said" Who would do something like this?"

We were talking to one of Maggie's friends,
Dean said" Word is, you're friends with Maggie."
She said" Uh, Yeah, since we came over. Me and her, we didn't have anybody else, so we kinda stuck together."
Sam said" So I'm sure you know she went out last night. Well, she didn't come home."
" Um... is Maggie in trouble?"
Cas said" She's dead."
" She... No, that's not... we were supposed to be safe here."
Sam said" We need to know where Maggie went, who she was talking to."
" I don't... there was a boy."
Jack said" What boy?"
" Nate. He works at that store out on Route 281. Maggie, she had a crush. That's why she snuck out last night. She was going to meet him."
Dean said" Alright, well, let's go talk to this boy, Jack." He was gone... yep, that's Jack for ya." Jack?"
I said" Want me to go stop him?"
" Stay put." I nodded, then glanced at Sam, Sam nodded, and we walked out.

Once we got there, Jack was choking the boy, I looked at him, he needs to stop now. Cas tried to stop him but Jack pushed him away, Dean shot Jack, he stopped and turned to us,
Jack said" You... you shot me."
Dean said" To get your attention. You're acting like a psycho!"
Cas said" Jack."
Jack said" He killed Maggie."
Boy said" Maggie? Maggie's dead?"
Sam said" Jack, listen to me. He didn't kill Maggie. Look at him."
Jack said" I'm sorry." Then he walked away,
Cas said" Jack!" As Jack walked out the door.
Dean said" No, hey, just- just let him go." I went to run out but Dean grabbed my arm, I pulled from him and ran after Jack.
I found him and then I saw Lucifer, I backed into a tree,
Lucifer said" Hi, son." I breathed heavily, No! No! No!
Jack said" Is this... Are you real?"
" Always."
" Sam said you're dead. He said Michael killed you."
" Yeah, I don't like to speak ill of people, but Sam is a big fat liar and he's a bad person and... like, freakishly tall, so..."
" I-I don't understand."
" No, Michael didn't... Sam was the one who left me behind."
" What?"
" Yep. I mean, I think he thought I'd be trapped over there in Giant Litter Box World forever, 'cause that worked so well the first time. I don't blame him, though, okay? I mean... for everything that I've done to him, I think, uh, I had it coming, you know? But you know what? I'm moving on."
" But if the rift is closed, then how are you here?"
" Oh, no. Not how. Why. I'm here for you, Jack. Because, you know, even though the Three Amigos, Sam, Dean, and the other one won't admit it, you need me. You do, 'cause we're blood. And we're not human, no matter how much we pretend to be. See, humans are... limited and fragile. And I'll admit, they bring out the worst in me, I gotta say. It seems like, you know, no matted how much you try to do right around them, something always goes wrong. Follow?"
" I... I know."
" Right? And that's not their fault, or ours. It's just, us and humans, we're like oil and water. You know, sardines and strawberries. It's just a bad combination."
" What do we do?"
" Leave. I mean... there's a whole universe out there, buddy. Planets. Stars. Galaxies. Why should we stay here on earth when we can go anywhere else? Heck, everywhere else."
" Like, um, like Star Wars?"
" Exactly like Star Wars. You want a lightsaber? I can make you a lightsaber. Heck, I can make you a Wookie."
" But... no. Sam, Dean, Hazel, and Castiel, they'll miss me."
" Yes, they will. They will. It'll be hard. But you have to live your life for you. Right? This is our second chance, kiddo. This is our opportunity to escape our past and our sins and start over. What do you say? Father, son. You up for an adventure, buddy?"
" I..." No, no! Lucifer, you asshole! You asshole!," I'd like that. But there's something you need to do first." I shook my head then teleported to the bunker. I was sitting in the library, Jack knows what Lucifer has done to us, he knows and... I don't know what in hell he's thinking... if he even is thinking!
I heard Bobby say" Kid, what the Sam Hell?" I ran in, seeing Lucifer come in with Jack,
Jack said" It's alright, okay? He's here to help."
" He is?"
Lucifer said" You know it, Longmire." Mary whispered" Call Sam. Now." I followed Jack and Lucifer into the library.
" So you're leaving dead bodies on tables now. Nice."
Mary said" We were waiting, to give her a hunter's funeral."
Jack said" You won't have to. My father, he's gonna bring Maggie back to life."
Lucifer said" I am?"
I said" Jack, what are you doing?"
Jack said" What I have to. This... it's my second chance."
Lucifer said" Yeah, uh, Jack, about this, uh, resurrection stuff. It's not always a great idea because, uh... you know, people come back... different."
" Well, Sam didn't."
" Right. Well, Sam's always been... sort of different. You know what I mean? Some would say special. No offense."
" You said you'd do anything."
" Fine. Fine."
Mary whispered" Has he done something to you?"
" I heard that. Heard it."
Jack said" Mary, everything's gonna be fine."
" Okay." Then Lucifer brought Maggie back to life.