Chapter 64

I was sitting on the impala's hood while Dean was fixing up the head lights. Sam came out of the lobby,
Sam said" Hey, yo. Individually brewed. Technology, man."
Dean said" Real men don't drink out of cups this small. What is that... cinnamon roll?"
" It's, uh, glazed doughnut. Look, man, if you don't want it-"
" Nah, it's.. got it. So, any leads on the scanner or the... interweb?"
" Nothing, not even a cat up a tree."
" So right when we're ready to jump back into it, it, uh, goes radio silence."
" Murphy's law."
" Well, Murphy's a douche. Hey, feel like taking a detour to Connecticut?"
" What?"
" Found it while I was dustbusting."
" One of ours?"
" It's one of bobby's. And, in total, 27 messages. The only one that counts is from 2 days ago. Apparently, Bobby's been named a beneficiary in Bunny LaCroix's will."
" Bunny LaWho?"
" Attorney said she's an heiress, and Bobby's presence or next of kin is being requested in New Canaan. I figured we qualify."
" How did Bobby know an heiress?"
" Bobby had secrets, man. Like loving on Tori Spelling. If he only knew Dean cheated on her. Anyway, road trip? Who knows? Maybe Bobby earned us  some beer money." I looked at the boys then scooted off the hood, knowing well, we were going.

Once we got there,
Sam said" Wow. Think we're a little underdressed? I mean, the fed threads are in the trunk."
Dean said" you kidding me? For once, we don't have to wear suits. You're lucky my waistband's not elastic." I looked at him, but shook my head, nope don't wanna know.
Dean rang the doorbell and it's tune was something fancy, a maid answered the door.
She said" May I help you?"
Sam said" I'm Sam Winchester. This is Dean and Hazel Winchester. We're here on behalf of Bobby Singer."
" Mr. Singer won't be coming?"
Dean said" No. He passed away."
" Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."
Sam said" Uh, condolences for your loss, too."
" Thank you. Well, you just missed the funeral, but the family's relaxing inside, if you'd like to join." We followed her in," Allow me to introduce Sam, Dean, and Hazel Winchester." I instantly picked up on the two older women eyeballing Sam
Instantly, oh they better not even think about it.
The older woman said" Sam and Dean Winchester of the Westchester Winchesters?"
Sam said" U-Uh, N-No. I don't think there's... any relation. Sorry."
" No matter. You two are... adorable." I want to kill her, my fist tightened in my pocket, Dean's a man whore, Sam and I know this, we don't care. But I am definitely not letting a cougar get near my brothers." I'm Heddy, Bunny's cousin, and this is my sister, Beverly."
Beverly said" Charmed, I'm sure."
" And that's Bunny's youngest brother, Stanton, Stan for short." Stan said" Come on in, fellas. Join the mourning."
" And his child bride, Amber. And then there's Dash. That's the baby of the family. He's Bunny's great-nephew, Harvard Business."
Dash said" How do you guys know Aunt Bunny?" Sammy do not let Dean talk, please don't let him talk.
Dean said" We-"
Sam said" We- We- We didn't personally know her. Our- Our surrogate dad, Bobby Singer, did."
Beverly said" Bobby? Never heard of him. But you can fill us in over the weekend, huh?" I looped my arms with my brother's arms,
Dean said" The Weekend?"
Heddy said" Didn't the attorney tell you? Service was today, and the reading of the will tomorrow."
Beverly said" Oh, but you're welcome to spend the night. All the rooms sleep two."
" Or three." Then she touched Dean's thigh, I went to raise my hand but Sam grabbed my hand and held it down.
Butler guy said" She quit. Poor Dear was so distraught over Mrs. LaCroix's passing. Went off to find herself. Uh, clown college in Sarasota. May I have a word with you in the hall in five minutes?"
Sam, Dean and I said" Sure, yeah." Then butler walked away,
Beverly said" So Sam... tell me... do you.. work out?" Dean made that face which almost made me laugh, then he did that weird smile, which made me look down and smile.
We walked out,
Dean said" Charmed? What are these people?"
Sam said" I think they're called WASPS."
" What?"
Butler said" My apologies for being so oblique back there, but I'm doing you boys a favor."
I said" O-Okay."
" As you know, Mrs. LaCroix bequeathed something to your Mr. Singer. But the reading of the will isn't until tomorrow, and I would hate for you to have to stick around and be forced to.. well, mingle with the family."
Dean said" Don't worry, Alfred. We know which one the shrimp fork is. Kind of."
" Oh, Mr. Winchester. If you're implying that I don't think you're good enough, i-it's quite the contrary. You're far too good. The LaCroix family is... well... how shall I say this politely? Money-grubbing leeches."
" What are you talking about? I thought they were all loaded."
" Loaded, yes. Rich, no. The recession hit every one of them, and I'm afraid if they knew what Bunny left you, those vultures would try to stake claim. And since the attorney kindly agreed to a hand off, you don't have to be subjected to their scrutiny." He handed Dean an envelope,
Sam said" Do you have any idea how Bunny and Bobby knew each other?"
" Not in the slightest. Um, now, if there's nothing else, shall I have Olivia show you out?"
Dean said" No, no. That's, uh... we got it. Thanks." They walked away, Dean opened the envelope and it was a cross necklace..." Huh. Kind of fancy to leave a guy like Bobby."
Sam said" You thinking what I'm thinking?"
" If Bunny was banging Bobby, then maybe these rocks are real." I scoffed, do they not realize, we hustle for a living, and they're worried about some stupid, probably fake rocks on a necklace.