Chapter 4

Jonathan's POV

This day wasn't interesting. I woke up and tried to check on my husband but when I enter his room he's not there. His bed was nicely done and nothing was out of place. I check downstairs but he's nowhere in sight. I saw the old man from last night and he's sitting on the couch and drinking a coffee while reading a newspaper. He look up and smile when he spotted me.

"Good morning sir." He greeted. I squint my eyes when I heard that formal word again.

"Please, just call me Jonathan. I'm the one who should be calling you that since you're older than me mr. Lance ." I uttered and sit beside him. He kept the smile on his face as he slowly sip to his coffee.

"You're too good for someone with power." He commented. I roll my eyes when he said that.

"I don't have a power and I'm not like the others who likes bossing around. I actually hate being treated like a royalty."

He was taken aback by my reply and put down his coffee on the coffee table.

"Why don't you like it? You have the fame, money, luxury and respect by lots of people." I chuckle bitterly.

"Why would I like it if I'm not happy anyway. Fame would never equal to love. Money couldn't buy a friend. Luxury wouldn't satisfy my need. And the respect is only a mask that people with intention use to get their way to the top. Tell me, how will I be happy with fake smiles and pretty lies around me?" I longly stated. His eyes widen and look down ashamed.

"I didn't know that there's still someone like you who doesn't like those kinds of things." He said. I sigh and rest my back on the couch.

"Obviously when people suddenly know that I'm rich, they would start to treat me like a holy person and not like when they first know me. I feel out of place and is only value because of my money and not because of my personality. That's why I don't want to be involved with my parent's work. I'm treated like a jewelry." I explained. Sometimes, I need to let out my voice to someone and the unlucky person is this old man. He's the only one who I think wouldn't judge my choices.

"That's the real power I'm looking for so long." He said with a smile. I frown and stare at him.

"What do you mean?"

He inhale before speaking up. "The power of voicing out your opinion without being afraid of the conclusion of the other people judging you differently." He patted my back in assurance that he's telling the truth. "Alright, as you wish I'll call you Jonathan from now on."

I smile and then remember something I have to ask. "Did you see my husband? I never saw him this morning." Somehow, calling him by his name wasn't really comfortable with me. Evan. That name sounds too formal. He then nodded his head.

"He already went to work an hour or so ago. Never bother to eat something and just sprint off with a briefcase in hand and wearing a formal attire like attending a meeting." He answer with worried painted on his face.

"This early?" I blurted and look at the time. 5:30am. So he left around 4 in the morning? What the fuck. Is he the one that will open the company?

"That kid sure works 24/7. He never take time to relax and was always focusing on his laptop with a frown. I'm actually surprise for not seeing him collapsing from exhaustion and lack of sleep." He answer. Wait, did he already know my husband before?

"If you're wondering how I know him, I'm actually working with the Fong's even before he was born. I'm the one who took care of him when he was just a child. He never once acted as one and at a very young age, he's already reading this thick book about business management and other stuff relating to business. He never have time to play with the other kids and would rather be with his father on a meeting and listening to the rambling of other businessmen like his father." He explained with a sigh.