Chapter 30

[Saturday; 5:57pm(17:57)]

Jonathan's POV

Evan and I were currently making a dinner when we heard the doorbell echoed all around the house. I sigh as I put down the knife I'm using to cut the vegetables and stood up to open the door. All of a sudden the doorbell rapidly rings like the person on the other side of the door is getting impatient.

"Coming!" I yelled at the top of my lungs over the doorbell that was starting to get annoyingly ringing in my ears.

"He's late." Somehow I heard my husband grumble over the loud noise. Who? Does he have an expected visitor?

I run towards it and open the heavy wooden door and my eyes widen when I saw a teenager with white bleached hair and wearing a 3D glasses and bright orange jacket who stood outside along with two suitcases and a huge backpack slinging on one of his shoulders while continuously clicking -no- hitting the doorbell.

Who is this kid?!

I watch as the kid still hit the doorbell like a toy and I couldn't help it anymore and walk towards him.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Stop it already! You're going to break it!" I yelled and wave my hands at him to catch his attention. He did and stop doing it before looking at me with a bored expression.

"Took you long enoug--" He stop talking before his brows started to furrow.

"Who the heck are you?" He ask in confusion.

"Well I'm-"

"A maid? Okay. Carry this." He interrupted as he throw his backpack at me. I yelp as I catch it with two arms at how heavy it is.

"Wait- I'm not-"

"And these." He added and placed the two suitcase beside me.

"I said-" Another person interrupted me. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. For the love of god please let me finish my-

"He's not going to carry any of your belongings." This time it's Evan who cut me off as he lift the backpack with one hand and throw it back at the kid. I mentally sigh at the weight lifted on my arms. Those muscles are really useful instead of a display.

"Good to see you too, couz!" This teenager greeted as he catch his backpack.

Couz? As in Cousin?

Evan sigh as he started to pull the two suitcase by himself. "Just get inside and unpack your things."

The kid simply put the backpack back at his right shoulder and follow him inside. I did as well before closing the door. Confuse on what's going on. I stay at the bottom of the stairs as I watch the two of them walk up with my husband in the lead before disappearing out of my sight. I sigh and went back to the kitchen to continue cooking our dinner. I'm almost done making the sauce for the fish fillet when my husband finally goes down the stairs and went back to the kitchen. His brow suddenly raised at the cleaned table.

"You're already done?" He ask in disbelief. I frown at the question.

"Yeah. Why? Are you already hungry? Don't worry this will be done in a few-"

"I didn't get to help make it." He cut me off. Oh. My eyes widen and I blink a couple of times before it goes back to normal and a small smile form on my lips.

"It's fine. You need to assist our visitor and besides, I can handle it." I replied and reassuringly smile at him. A small pout form on his lips as he cross his arms and lean his shoulder against the wall.