Chapter 34

Jonathan's POV

I woke up feeling my left side aching. I was about to stretch my arms when I felt something warm on my left hand. When I look down I saw my husband holding my hand while sleeping. He's sitting on his swivel chair and leaning down on the bed, his face resting above his crossed arms. An unknown smile form on my lips and I raise my free hand to swipe away his hair that is covering his eyes.

So handsome.

I continue caressing it until I felt him shift but he still hasn't open his eyes. I take my hand off of his hair and look away.

The hand that was holding mine began to tighten as he open one of his eyes.

"Why did you stop?" He asked. I tilt my head to the side and frown. Stop what?

He close his eyes once again before letting go of my hand, the warmth leaving me.

"Nevermind. Are you fine now?" He asked as he started to stretch. I did the same but I began to wince when my left elbow straighten up.

I look at it and saw a purplish blue marking on the center. He takes a look at it himself and frown.

"I'll go down to see if we have an ice on the freezer and an ice pack. Is there anything else that hurt?"

I look on my other parts and just saw a small scratch on my knee. "Just bring a band aid as well."

He nodded and stood up. "I'll be right back." He said before walking out of the room. Once I'm finally alone I let out a deep sigh and started to massage my arms. The door opens and I slowly raise my body to sit.

"That was fas-"

"Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not couz." Lucas spoke up as he enter the room.

"Ah Lucas! Good morning." I greeted. He raise his hand and wave it as a greeting.

"Morning. Feeling better?" He asked while sitting on the chair Evan was previously sitting on.

"Just a little sore." I replied as I hold my left elbow. He look at it and his eyes squint.

"You sure?" He asked again as he keep his gaze at the bruise. I hide it as I smile reassuringly.

"Of course! By the way, did you eat breakfast already?" I questioned him as I sit properly. He lean forward and put his elbows on his thighs as support.

He smile and nodded his head. "I already did." He answered. I longly stare at him and frown.

"You're not lying again, right?"

He shake his head. "I promise. I already ate. Actually, couz made it for me."

My eyes widen and an unknowing smile form on my lips.

"Really? That's very thoughtful of him." I replied. He quickly nodded as he pout.

"I think he only did it because he's oblige." He whispered. I giggle and bit my lower lip to contain my laughter.

"Nah. I'm sure it's not."

The door suddenly creak open and there Evan was, standing with a pack of ice and holding a tray with soup. He frown when he saw Lucas in the room, who's comfortably sitting on his chair.

"What are you doing here?" He asked while walking towards us.

"Chillin'." Lucas answered. Evan put down the tray on the table before handing to me the icepack. I accept it and gently put it on my elbow. I wince at the coldness but started to relax as I adjust to the temperature.