Chapter 46

So I'm going to speed things up. Sorry if the days were going too fast. :3

______________________________________

A month passed since the day Evan confessed his feelings towards Jon. It was also nearing a year since the day they were married to each other. Jonathan felt like everything's still the same, except, Evan was showing more affection.

It started with a simple arm over his shoulders, but as they get comfortable with each other, strong arms went down and around his waist until the day they're completely holding each other's hands. But if Jon was asked what he likes the most, his answer will be the one where they hug each other as they lay on their shared bed. He likes the way Evan's arms were draped over his waist while he lay his head on his warm chest, then their legs ending up tangled together the next morning. It was always a pleasant morning waking up with someone beside him and if Evan left before he could wake up, there's always a note on the table to remind him to eat before he leave and to always take care of himself. Jon secretly kept all the notes and compiled it in a box inside his own drawers as a collection.

But all of those only happen inside the house.

Jon wouldn't risk getting caught and be revealed, it would only mean that his secret will also be exposed. He already accepted that he's also starting to develop that familiar feeling inside his heart to his husband, but he wasn't ready to commit. He wasn't yet ready to be hated.

Little did he know, he wasn't the only one suffering.

Evan understood. He knows that it was for his partner's sake, and yet, why does the ache in his chest wouldn't leave?

It feels like thousands of needles kept punctuating his fragile heart, spilling inscrutable emotions that was beyond words.

How does a nonexistential emotion make him feel sick and loathe himself for being not good enough?

"You're thinking too hard again." A voice snap him from his thought as another stack of paper was placed in front of him. He look up and saw Brian looking down at him with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Shut up. Just leave me alone." He barked a reply as he grab one paper to start signing up. He heard a click of a tongue and the table slightly shook when Brian sat on the end of it even though there's obviously a chair beside him.

"Alright. What's the problem this time?" Brian asked as he keep his eyes on him. Evan tried his best to not meet the other's eyes and focus on the papers in front of him.

"Nothing."

After saying that, he received a flick on the forehead hard enough to leave a red mark. He yelp and glare at the Irish as he massage his reddening skin, a deep frown was now set on his face. It didn't seem to affect the other as Brian just look at him with a stern look.

"Idiot. I've known you for years so I know if there's something bothering you. Spill it out."

"I just told you it's nothing. Can't you understand?" He said through gritted teeth, feeling that his anger rising up.

"You wouldn't act like that if it's nothing. Just tell me what's the problem so I could-"

He abruptly stood up from his seat, knocking the chair back and making a loud thud as it hit the tiled floor. His intense look not leaving him as he bare his teeth.

"I just thought that what I'm doing for Jon wasn't enough, okay?! I know for a fact that nobody would want to be with me as I am a harsh, apathetic bastard!"

Brian just stood there, unsurprised by his sudden outburst. Evan really didn't mean to say those things about himself but it's too late now. His anger, once again, took control over his mouth.