Chapter 10

Jonathan's POV

I hear something continuously ringing and I slowly reach my hand where the sound was coming from and turn it off. I tiredly open my eyes and look around.

He's gone. As expected.

I sigh and lay back down for a few minutes before I hear someone knock at the door and it slowly open to reveal mr. Lance holding a spatula and wearing a black apron.

"Oh. I see you're already awake. Well the breakfast is ready. Just come downstairs if you want to eat." He said before closing the door and heading back downtairs. I stretch a little bit to wake myself up before following him back down.

I yawn and scratch my tummy as I walk towards the kitchen.

"What's for breakfast?" I ask. Mr. Lance was holding two plates and place it down in front of me.

"Bacon and egg. There's also a pancake but I don't know if you like it so I cooked this for you." He replied.

"Aww. Thank you mr. Lance. I really appreciate your effort." I said. He nodded his head and smile.

"No problem. Eat now before it gets cold and be late for your work."

I nodded and start digging in to the food. Although it's only simple, I really appreciate his thought for me. I'm not that picky when it comes to food. As long as it's not gross looking or an exotic food then I'll gladly eat it.

After I'm done I clean the table and put the dishes in the sink before starting to take a bath. Once I'm done I quickly change into my casual clothes and head outside where mr. Lance was already waiting for me inside the car. When I enter it he immediately step on the pedal and drove off. After half an hour of driving we finally reach the cafe. I got off and said my farewell before he left to go back to the mansion.

I enter the cafe and the first person I saw was Darwin.

"Jon!" He called out and plunge himself to me. I was taken aback when he suddenly hug me and pick me up.

"P-Please put me down." I said as a blush started to form on my cheeks as he continue lifting me up.

"He's right, Darwin. Put him down right now." Nogla said with authority while he glare at his younger brother. Darwin, on the other hand, ignore what his older brother said and just smile at me.

"Hey Jon. I miss you." He said with a soft voice and did a cute face. I instantly melt at it and smile back.

"I miss you too." I replied. We chuckle and I hear a soft growl in the background.

"Alright. That's enough! This is not a flirting cafe so you two should separate this instant." He commanded and pull us apart. I look at him confuse on why he's suddenly acting like this. He keeps glaring at his brother while Darwin just smirk at him.

"What? Are you jealous?" Darwin ask and cross his arms. David gasp and snarl.

"Shut up! I'm not. I'm just saying that you two shouldn't be doing it in public." He replied and pull me behind him.

"Oh? Then I guess it's okay for me to hug him if we're alone?" Darwin tried to grab me behind David but David immediately block his arm before Darwin's hand could get a hold of me.

"No." He answer in a deep angry voice. I slightly shiver just by hearing him mad and I think I don't want to really see him become one. David's a pretty nice and calm guy so seeing him acting like this towards his brother was a new thing for me.

"Fine. Fine. I get it." Darwin raise his hands in the air in defeat. David never leave his glare at him before looking at me and quickly changing his expression by smiling.