Chapter 50

Evan's POV

I keep floating. Floating in the still-vast ocean for who knows how long. As far as I can remember, I woke up alone without any recollection how I got to where I currently am. I tried moving but I can't feel my body, the only feeling that's existing was numbness. In the end, my eyes were stuck staring up at the clear sky and letting the waves be the guide to my next destination.

But where will it be?

Everywhere my eyes wander, the only shade is blue. The color that represents calmness. Maybe that's why my mind is peaceful even though I'm in the middle of the ocean by myself and just going along with the flow.

Hearing the sounds of waves and gust of wind became the melody that keeps my nerves at ease. Nothing but the sweet tranquility enveloping my skin like how the water of the calm sea soak up my entire body.

How I wish to stay like this forever.

But of course, everything has an end.

Multiple hands sprout under the water, wrapping around my still body and starts dragging me down to the depth of the ocean. My eyes never leaving the surface as everything starts to turn dark as I sink.

Guess this is the end.

I know struggling is futile. Everyone is destined to die and mine has finally arrived. All I can do is accept and drown alone in my pool of concealed misery. Water starts to fill in my lungs and replacing the remaining oxygen left, the taste of saltiness seeps onto my tongue with every intake. As the last bit of blue fade and everything turns in complete darkness, my eyes closed and wait for the end to come.

Warmth.

Something warm brush against my cheeks. It was soft, smooth and the only comfort of heat I felt against the cold water. I opened my eyes and was met by another figure hovering over me, blending in with the darkness, but still noticable. The hands that were once holding my still body like chains one by one released their iron grip and I felt myself stopped being dragged down any further. I've tried to see, move, ask who this figure was but to no avail, none were done. All I can do was stare.

Shouldn't I be dead by now?

I wonder when will death come knocking on my doorstep. If it will happen, then it happen. Prolonging the inevitable is just a reminder of the torturous pain and suffering that no one wished to have.

"You've been sleeping for too long."

A distant voice spoke among the darkness.

"Evan."

As my name was called, it echoed around the open space, unidentified where it's coming from.

"Evan." This time, it's the figure who said my name. I tried to stare to where I assume was its face and was shocked when two glowing blue eyes stare back at me. The eyes was getting nearer until I felt a pair of soft lips against mine.

"Wake up."

As if on cue, a blinding light shone over me as soon as I open my eyes. As soon as my vision cleared enough to see my surrounding I was met by an off-white ceiling above me. Pain starts shooting up my whole body and I couldn't help but let out a groan. I tried sitting up but only hiss at the unbearable pain around my torso. I lay my back down and just let my heavy eyes do the wander.

I then suddenly felt a twitch against my left. Curiously I take a look and the first thing I saw was a bundle of brown hair. My eyes still weren't that good and it took me a while to recognize what I'm seeing. As soon as my sense of touch kicked in, I felt a familiar heat surrounding my left hand and memories flashed through my mind.