Chapter 5

Jonathan's POV

It's weekend which is my rest days since the shop is only open on weekdays. It's also already been a week since I'm living in this huge house. My routine is always the same. I wake up early, go downstairs then cook breakfast and if ever my spouse is home I will call him for us to eat together, then I'll go to work and when it's done mr. Lance will be there with a car near the cafe where Brock and I would always separate then we'll go home together.

Today he's not home(again) so I'm eating with Mr. Lance. We're getting more closer and I also knew that he's been with the Fong's family for 30 years! I cannot believe it. I also ask a few questions about my husband so I can know him more.

"Mr. Evan is a good kid. He always follow his father's orders and would always finish the tasks on the said time. He grew up disciplined where it stick with him up until now." Mr. Lance answered. I frown. I always hear about his father, what about his mother?

"What about his mother? I never heard anything about her." I asked. Mr. Lance's eyes sadden and he look at the mug with a coffee in his hand. I heard him sigh before answering my question.

"He never knew his mother. Mrs. Fong died because she didn't make it after labouring to him. The doctors already said before that there's a 50/50 chance on only one will survive. Mrs. Fong was always a sick person even before she's having a child and when it was time for their first child's birth, she choose her son to live rather than herself. She's the nicest person I know and I always talk about her with Mr. Evan before when he was still a child. Come to think of it, she kind of resembles you." He answered while looking at me as he said the last part. My eyes widen as I point at myself.

"M-me?" I ask. Stuttering a little bit. Mr. Lance nodded with a smile.

"Yeah. Kind hearted, optimistic, never care what the others tell about you, a sweetheart and loved." He described what I have similarity with my husband's mother.

"What a lovely person she was." I commented.

"So were you." He added. I chuckle as I shake my head.

"You're funny mr. Lance." I uttered as I stand up. "But I'm actually not. I'm not loved, adored and cared by anyone. I'm always used for petty and money. I mean, look at what's happening right now. I'm force to marry someone I don't know and didn't want just for the sake of that god damn company of them!" I didn't know why I just suddenly burst out and change my mood from calm to raged. Mr. Lance sigh and pull me back down so I sit beside him.

"You may not realize it but there's someone who actually cares about you." He uttered. I chuckle bitterly.

"Really? Care about me? I'm pretty sure it's because of money." I replied but mr. Lance shake his head in disapproval and smile.

"No. There's no money involve."

I look at him. Not believing what he just said. I sigh and look down. Then I got an idea. I look at him with wide eyes.

"Why don't I just leave this place?" I suggest. He looks confuse at first but then gets it and his eyes widen.

"Leave? As in you'll move out of this mansion? Why?" He ask. I just shrug.

"I'm not happy here so why should I still stay? There's no point anyway. There's nothing to do here and its lonely all by myself. You know that feeling, right?" I said.

"B-but what about mr. Evan--"

"What about him?" I cut him off. He looks at me with hesitation before shaking his head.

"Never mind. Don't worry about it." He replied. I just ignore it and stand up.

"I'll just be in my room. Call me if ever he arrive or if you need anything." I said. Mr. Lance nodded and I continue walking up this long ass stair, which I tell you is completely tiring, before I could reach my room. I open the door and closing it before plopping myself on the soft bed.