Chapter 43

Jonathan's POV

It's been two weeks since that day Lucas came back to the house after Evan's fight with his cousin's father. And it has been five months since my contract marriage started. Those five months had been a hell of a roller coaster and full of surprises.

Right now, I am at my work and of course with Lucas. Not a single day passed that he doesn't come along with me to work. I also noticed that he and Kryoz became closer. Whenever it's break time they're always eating together and I sometimes even saw him teaching Kryoz how to use his new phone since it's his first time having one. Like right now they're sitting on the vacant couch on the far right corner near the window as Lucas point something on the screen of the phone that Kryoz was holding on. Today was somehow a boring day as there were no customers coming by unlike the usual and it's pretty late in the morning.

I yawn as I stood in front of the cash register since there's nothing else I could do to entertain myself.

"We're getting low on customers these past few days." David uttered as he wipe the newly washed cups with a fresh cloth.

"Yeah. It looks like a lot don't want coffee on a cold morning which doesn't make sense since winter's starting." Scotty agreed as he slump back on one of the chairs near the counter.

"Well last week was the opening of the new coffee shop down the street so obviously people want to try going to a new place."

All heads turn towards the coffee maker in shock. Brock lifted one of his brow as he stare at us confused.

"What? Haven't you heard about it?" He asked. All of us shake our heads in reply as David started to panic.

"Well that's why there's almost no customers at all!" He exclaimed as he shuffle through the built-in cabinet under the counter.

"We need to get back our customers!" He added.

"David, calm your ass down. We'll think of an idea together okay?" Lui assured him. David slow his pace and took a deep breath before sighing.

"Fine. Does anyone have an idea?" He started to ask.

Silence.

He facepalm as he stare back at us.

"Alright... so no one I guess?"

"Why don't you just give out flyers?" Lucas suggested while slumping back on the couch and playing on his psp as Kryoz watch in awe. All eyes stare at him like he grew two heads.

"I know, I'm a genius. No need to thank me." He added without leaving his stare at his gadget. David clasp his hands before grabbing his notebook and pen and start sketching.

"Alright! I'm going to try make a design. Lui, Scotty, you're in charge of listing the menu while Jon and Brock will take care of the printing. Kryoz, can you distribute the flyers after being printed?"

Kryoz look away from the gadget and stood up before making his way towards David with a smile.

"On it, sir!" He said in his cheerful voice as he salute to David. David playfully shake his head while chuckling.

"Very well then. Let's get started!"

--x

Evan's POV

"Hey you! Do you want some pastries?! That cafe has it!"

"Get your fucking coffee over there! It taste so good!"

"Take this shit and read it!"

"Get in there!"

I watch as Lucas yell at other people passing by his way and shove some sort of paper to them. Most of the strangers were getting afraid of him or completely avoiding him and going on a different direction.