Chapter 25

Evan's POV

Just work. Don't think of anything else that will be a distraction. Work here, there, finish every task on time. How long have I been sitting and working here in front of the computer? 1 hour? 2? Sleep is starting to sink in my eyes but I need to keep working so there's no time for sleep. I don't need it. Wait- is that my stomach grumbling? I must be hearing things, I'm not feeling hungry. I don't want it. It's just a waste of time if I start eating. Just keep working. Don't think of anything else. Just work. Work. Work. Work...

The endless chanting in my mind to keep on working was abruptly stop when a hand was placed on my shoulder and then lightly shake my body.

"Dude..." I hear a familiar voice beside me, who I immediately recognized as Brian, but I respond nor look at him from my computer and continue typing.

"Evan. Bro. You need to rest." He spoke once again. I never stop what I'm doing as I answer him.

"Rest? Who needs rest? There's so much things to finish. There's no time to relax. These paper works won't do itself." I answer as I start a new page to typed on for the next work.

"You need a rest. Can you see yourself right now? You look like a fucking zombie! Hunching on your chair while endlessly typing on your keyboard, huge dark eyebags were clearly visible behind your glasses and you're clearly losing weight! When was the last time you eat? Sleep? Are you even leaving your seat?" He started to rant. A sigh escape from my mouth.

"If you're just here to nag then you may leave. I have other important things to finish rather than waste my time talking with you." I replied and started to ignore him but he suddenly swivel my chair, forcing me to face him instead of the computer. I was about to protest when he started talking again.

"Listen to me, Evan. You're beating yourself up. Look at you! You're ten times worse than before. I know you're a workaholic but this is too much! You've been here for three days Evan. Three fucking days! You haven't slept nor eat! I think it's only caffeine you're consuming and that's not healthy. At. All. So this is what we're gonna do." He pause talking to look at me straight in the eyes. "It's either you're going to rest on your own OR I'll tell your father to give you a break. Choose."

My eyes widen at the given options.

"What?! No! I'm not going to take a rest! There's so many files to finish!" I argued. He shrug and cross his arms.

"Then I guess I'll go tell to your father to give you two weeks of break."

I glare at him. "Don't you dare do that. I told you, I'm perfectly fine. Just give me a black coffee and I'm back to my old self again."

He turn around and started to walk away.

"Yeah right. I'm going to talk to mr. Fong right now." He replied. I gasp and retorted. Quickly standing up from my seat.

"Brian! I swear if you don't stop w-"

My talking was cut off when my eyes became dizzy and my head was like getting pounded by hundreds of hammer. I close my eyes and let out a low grunt as I hold my head. I suddenly feel light headed.

I tried to reach for anything to support my weight but my arms were too tired to stretch and I started to fall.

"Evan!"

Thankfully Brian caught me before I landed on the tiled floor. My head was rested on his left shoulder as he hold both of my arms to prevent me from falling.