Chapter 36

Jonathan's POV

"Where are you going?"

I look behind and saw Lucas walking down the stairs with both of his hands shoved in the pocket of his large jacket, this time it's black.

"Work." I answered. I watch as a frown form on his forehead and he only stop walking when he's finally in front of me.

"You're working?" He asked in disbelief. Now it's my turn to frown at him.

"Yeah. What do you think I'm doing when I'm leaving the house and getting home late?"

He blink and scratch the back of his neck.

"I don't know. Clubbing? Isn't that what you old people usually do?"

My eyes widen and I immediately smack his head with my hand.

"Ow! What was that for?" He said while caressing the part where I hit him.

"I'm not old! And clubbing? Are you serious? That's just a waste of time and money." I replied. He click his tongue and look away.

"Well that's what I know old people were usually doing." He mumbled but I still heard it.

"I told you I'm not old! Does this face look like old to you?!" I said as I smack his head once again.

"Ow! Would you please stop hitting my head?!" He said with a scowl.

"I will, only if you also stop saying I'm old! I'm only 27!"

"27 is-"

I aim my hand at him for a warning and he immediately change his words.

"-is very young." He finish.

I smile and nodded my head. "That's what I thought."

I saw Evan making his way towards us as he put on a leather jacket.

"Are you ready?" He asked. I nodded and we made our way outside but I stop and look behind to see Lucas staring at us, his hands still in his pocket. Evan head out first to start the car while I look back at Lucas. Suddenly, an idea pop in my mind.

"Wanna come?" I offered. He looked surprise and look at me confused.

"Why?"

"Well it looks like you don't wanna stay here."

It took a few seconds before he shrug and started to walk out as well.

"Whatever. I have nothing better to do anyway."

I smile and close the door when the two of us are outside. Evan stopped the car infront of us and I enter the passenger's seat while Lucas went to the back seat. Evan frown when he saw Lucas went inside the car as well.

"Why are you here as well?" Evan asked as he look back at Lucas who's slumping back at the back.

"I asked him to come with me at work since he has nothing else to do."

"Are you sure about that?" He asked with an uneasy look on his face as he look at me. I smile and nodded my head.

"One hundred percent."

He sigh before stepping on the pedal and driving away.

"Alright if that's what you want."

I just smile in return at that when he didn't tried to change my mind. The car became silent until we made it to the cafe.

"Alright, we're here." I told Lucas while I remove the seatbelt. He look outside and frown.

"You work here?"