Chapter 20

Jonathan's POV

I woke up from my sleep when I suddenly hear two people talking to each other near me.

"He's coming home with me and that's final." Someone softly said. I didn't yet open my eyes and just listen to their conversation.

"Not until he wakes up and agree with your decision." Another person said and I recognize that voice, Luke.

"He doesn't need to." The other person replied and I felt a pair of hand went under me and pick me up. I was startled and wish to open my eyes and get out of this unknown person's hold but I couldn't just yet. I need to hear more.

"He does! I swear he'll be mad when he wakes up to see you bringing him back to that god damn place of yours Fong!" Luke yelled. Fong?

"Don't. Yell. Patterson." The person holding me spatted with anger in his voice. Now I realize who is this person that was holding me. I pretend to about to wake up and squirm a little bit before opening my eyes and stare up to meet those chocolate eyes of his staring down at me. My eyes widen and I immediately push myself away to him.

"Put me down!" I shouted and he was surprise by my outburst but then oblige and gently put me down. I run towards Luke and he pull me behind his back, protecting me from my husband.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He then looked at me with a frown.

"I'm here to bring you back home." He answer with a straight face. I scoff.

"'Home'? You call that place a home? Home is where you feel comfortable and happy. Well I'm not comfortable being there and totally not happy with you!" I yelled as I point at him. I then suddenly remember something.

"Wait, at the first place, how did you know that I'm here?" I asked while eyeing him suspicious.

"I'm the one who's at fault, Jon. He ask where you are when he came home from work at the peak of the down and I didn't think twice and told him that you stayed with your friend's house." Mr. Lance answered my question as he stand behind my husband with his head down. I didn't realize he's also here.

"No. It's ok, mr. Lance." I said. He looks up at me and I gave him a warm smile. He smile back in response before we hear my husband clear his throat.

"We should go now. I have more important things to do." He said and started to walk away. Mr. Lance followed behind him but I didn't.

"Jon, let's go now." Mr. Lance said while motioning for me to follow them but I shake my head. My husband stopped from walking and look back at me when he realize I'm not following them. His frown deepen and he walks back to me then suddenly grabbed my hand.

"Don't argue and let's just go." He ordered and started to pull me towards him. Before I could argue, I felt another hand grab my waist and pull me away to him.

"Let him go, Fong." Luke command while holding me by my waist with his left hand while his other hand was on my husband's wrist which is holding my hand.

"No. You should be the one letting him go Patterson because he's coming with me." My husband replied with venom in his every words, especially when he said Luke's surname. Luke's eyes squinted and I could see how his jaw sharpen as he grit his teeth in anger. You see, my best friend here is over-protective when it comes to me and he doesn't like it when someone is ordering him.

"You better think twice what you're saying because you're in my property and I can do what I want without getting arrested." He warned but my husband doesn't seemed fazed by the threat.

"I don't care. He's still coming with me." And with that, he pull me towards him and dragged me away but I resist.

"No!" I yelled and yank my hand back. He then looks back at me.

"What?"

"I said 'no'. Why should I? There's no point of me being there. I'm useless right? Why do you even want me to go back there?" I growl and look up to him.

"Because I don't want you here with him." He spatted while glaring at Luke. I look at him with a frown until I realize something and I glare at him.

"Ohh... I get it." I uttered. He and Luke look at me, waiting for my next words.

"You don't want me with him because he's your rival in your company, right?" I ask. Looking at him to clarify my words. I saw his eyes look back at me with confusion.

"What? That's not what I--" He tried to explain but I put my hand in front of him to stop what he was about to say next. I know he's going to deny it. That's what everyone always do right? He doesn't have to hide it anymore, it's too obvious and I'm not dumb to not know his real intention.

"Don't reason out. I know that's the real reason why you want me to go back there, right?" I cut him off. He open his mouth but then close it again. Hah. Guess I'm right.

"You only care about yourself and your stupid work." I spatted while pointing my finger at his chest so he can feel my every word.

"I wish I didn't get married to you." I continue. I look at his reaction but he just look at me with a straight face.

"Fine. If you want to stay in this god damn place then stay. Lance, go pack all of his things in the 'house' and bring it here. I don't want anything that belongs to him gets left behind." He ordered before walking away.

"Why did you say that?" Mr. Lance whisper in a worried tone as soon as he approached me.

"But it's true! I never wish for this marriage! I never wish to be with him!" I answered. Loud enough for all of us to hear. Even my husband. Wait, why do I still keep calling him my husband? I should just call him Evan. Yeah, just Evan.

"No, it's not what you thi--"

"Lance! Come on!" Evan yelled while glaring at the old man. Mr. Lance bite his lower lip before nodding his head and following him outside. The door closed with force, making a loud bang. I look outside the window and saw him and mr. Lance entering the car. He glance one last time to my direction and I thought I saw pain in his eyes but as soon as I blink he already looked away and was entering the car before the two of them finally left.

"That bastard deserves to be beaten to death! How dare him to come in my place without my consent and try to take you away!? I'm going to make him pay!" Luke ranted as soon as they leave. He march towards the bed and then sit on it with a grumpy face. I just sigh and sit beside him.

"I'm glad you did the right thing to leave that place." He added. I then look at him.

"Do you really think that I... did the right thing?" I asked, suddenly unsure of my decision. Luke immediately nodded his head and hold my shoulder.

"Yes! You did. He doesn't deserve someone like you in his life." He answer. I smile but it quickly disappear as I look down.

Yes. This is what I really want from the start. Away from business and that contract marriage.

_____________________________________

I have nothing else to say for updating late. All my excuses are the same so all I can say is, I'm so sorry.