Chapter 17

For some reason I didn't really expect that most of you are from the US. Woops, my bad. Welp, I guess my update is mostly in the morning for you guys since I'm updating here in my country in evening or past midnight. Since you guys told me where you came from, I'm from the Philippines! :D Mabuhay! ______________________________________

[Saturday, 5:00am(5:00)]

Jonathan's POV

My alarm went off and I grunt as I try to turn it off. I forgot to set it off last night due to tiredness and here I am suffering to wake up even though it's my day off. I keep finding the alarm with my eyes closed but still couldn't find it.

"Stupid alarm..." I grunt and keep reaching my hand on where it was. My eyes still hasn't open until it shut off by itself. Good. I sigh and get myself comfortable on my bed until I realized that I didn't really touched the alarm. How did it turn off on its own? I hear shuffling from the background so I sat right up and instantly open my eyes to search for the intruder until I made eye contact with my husband who's placing my alarm on my desk. He look at me with a blank face as he speak.

"Good morning. Breakfast is ready. Get up now and let's eat." He greeted before walking away and out of the room. Completely leaving me alone and shock.

'What? What just happened right there? Did he just greeted me good morning? And is he really wearing an apron when I saw him? Wait, the most important thing is what's he doing inside my room? I thought I locked it before I went to sleep?'

I snap out of my thinking and force myself out of my bed. Stretching a little bit before walking out of my room and down the stairs. I saw him still on a black apron and placing some plates with food on the table. I could smell the coffee and some pancakes. My face twisted into slight discomfort when I smell some burnt pancakes. I took a seat and grab some pancakes but didn't eat yet and wait until he did as well. He took off the apron and sit across from me like the usual. He then look up and just stare at me. Not grabbing a food. I wait for him to do it as well but a couple of seconds pass but he still hasn't.

"Uhm... aren't you going to join me to eat?" I ask. He shake his head as he keep his stare at me. Creeping me a little bit. I look down on the burnt pancake on my plate and try my best to not show any expression that might ruin this moment.

"O-Ok then." I said and took a small slice of it. My eyes widen as my tongue tasted it and I try to suppress the feeling of throwing up and force the food down my throat. The bitterness exploding on my mouth and I taste a slight saltiness in it.

'What the hell did he put on that pancake to taste salty?!' My mind scream as I grab the coffee he made and drink it but it's a total mistake. I unintentionally spit it out and cough as the same saltiness reach my tongue.

He mistake the salt as sugar!

He stood up and run towards my direction and patted my back and offer a napkin. I accept it and wipe my mouth.

"Are you okay now?" He ask. Concern was totally traced in his voice. I look up and smile at him in assurance.

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine now." I replied. I hear him sigh and sit on the chair beside me. I watch as he hit his head on the table and slump back. Hiding his face.

"I'm sorry." He apologize. My eyes widen at what I just heard.

Huh?

"I know it ids a failure. Never have I ever tried cooking. It is usually Lance who's doing it so I do not have any knowledge on how to use the kitchen." He utter while still hiding his face from me. He look so ashamed of himself for not doing it right. I bite my lower lip and reach out my hand and started to caress his jet black hair.