Chapter 31

Didn't get to update yesterday cause our Internet gets cut off.

______________________________________

Jonathan's POV

Two days has already passed since Lucas started to live with us. He's mostly staying in his room, only going out to grab some food before going back. We (well I) tried to check on him but he always flip us off or locking his door so we have no clue on what is he doing there.

"Are you ready to go?" Evan asked as he cross his arms at me while standing in the doorway. I nodded and grab my wallet and bag and walk towards his direction. I look up at him and my eyes travel down to his clothes. My brow automatically raised as I look back up to his poker face.

"Why are you not in your suit yet?" I blurted. He's currently wearing a plain white shirt underneath the red jacket with white stripes on the shoulder and arms and a black jeans. He sigh and look away.

"My father wants me to look out for my cousin and make sure he doesn't do anything ridiculous. So I'm going to be stuck in this house until he leaves." He answered like he's ashamed about it. I hum and put my hands on my hips.

"Well atleast you're getting a break from work." I said with a smile. His eyes slightly widen in realization.

"Come to think of it, I think that's another point of this babysitting." He mumble before sighing in frustration and ruffling his hair, making it messy.

"Why did I agree to this at the first place?!" He exclaimed. The frown not leaving his forehead.

"Hey. Hey. Calm down." I said and motion for him to come near me. He did and stand infront of me, still frowning. I raise my hand and fix his messy hair, combing his bangs to the left side. After I finish his hair I run my thumb to his forehead and smooth it so the frown was off. When I'm done I took a step back and look at him. Nodding in satisfaction when his hair was no longer messy and the frown was no longer there.

"There. Much better." I commented. He look up and touch his bangs that was almost reaching his eyes.

"I should get a new haircut." He said, finally letting go of his bangs and staring back at me.

"Hmmm I'm kinda liking it but it's your choice." I said. "Also, those clothes really suits you to be honest." I added. He look down at his clothes before looking back at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Really?"

I simply nodded my head with a smile. He longly stare at me before looking away and then turning around, starting to walk out of the house.

"We should hurry. It's almost eight." He uttered before going outside. I hum and quietly follow him. I saw him getting inside of his car when I made it outside, I walk towards it and went in the passenger's seat. He started the engine before driving away. The inside of the car was quiet, none of us dare to break the silence as he drive me to work. It wasn't the awkward silence or any uncomfortable feelings but something more of a peace between us.

The cafe finally came into view and a small smile form on my lips. He parked the car on the side of the road in front of the small building before I unlock the door and open it and get out.

"I'll pick you up at 8, sharp." He said. I close the door and lean down to look at him from the window. I smile at him and nodded my head.

"Okay. See you later!" I wave my hand before running towards the cafe. I heard his car made a growling noise before hearing it driving away. I look back and saw his car getting smaller and smaller before it finally gets out of sight. I let out a sigh as I open the door. I look around and saw David and Lui were talking to each other behind the counter, Kryoz and Scotty were putting down every chairs that was on each table and placing it properly on both sides of the table and lastly, Brock was on his usual place behind the coffee machines and other beverages and wiping every cup with a clean towel. All of them look up as the bell rings when I enter and each of them gave me a warm smile. David stood up and walk towards my direction. He softly smile at me so I return it with mine.