Chapter 29

[Yesterday after the scene at the Cafe]

Evan's POV

"Can't we stay for another hour?" Brian grumble while entering the car.

"No." I shortly replied. He then roll his eyes at me as he shut the door close before grabbing the seat belt and straping it on his side. I did it as well and start the engine.

"I didn't know you're so protective." He said with a meaningful smirk. I grunt while stepping on the gas and started driving back to the company.

"I'm just being careful on what Wilde is planning to do against us. I'm sure he has some disgusting tricks under his sleeves."

"OR. You're worried about Jon's safety." He added. I shot him a quick glare before looking back on the road.

"What makes you think of that conclusion?" I asked back. He hum and tap his pointy finger on his chin like deeply thinking. As if he really is.

"You would have just send me like the usual to check on him instead of doing it yourself." He reasoned out. I bite the inside of my cheek and force myself to not let out a displease comment.

"Guilty?" He asked. Now fully smirking at me.

"Tell me again why did you tag along? You should have just stayed in your office." I change the topic. Not wanting to let this conversation continue.

"Hey! When I heard that you're going to the cafe where my husband is also working at, obviously I'm going with you to see him."

"Brock sure is an unlucky guy." I commented. He snort and cross his arms.

"And Jon's an unlucky guy too." He remark with a sly smirk. My eye twitch and an unknown irritation is slowly coming in me. I grip the stirring wheel and made a hard right. Intentionally making his head hit the car's window. He yelp as his face hit it. I let out a pleased sigh when I heard the soft 'thud'. I bit my lower lip to prevent the pleased look that was trying to form on my face be seen.

"You dick! Do you want to ruin my beautiful face?!" He yell while rubbing his nose that was starting to turn red. The side of my mouth twitch but I ignore it and answer.

"What are you talking about? I just simply made a right turn." I stated.

"'I just simply made a right turn', he says. Fucking asshole. You did it on purpose." He mumble and turn away. Still rubbing his aching nose.

"You're welcome."

--x

"So I heard that these past few days you're leaving early. What's the sudden change?" My father spoke up out of the blue as he look at me with a huge smile. I grunt while fixing the papers orderly. I'm currently in his office and we're discussing some changes and new ideas for the new game we're developing when he suddenly ask that question.

"Who did you heard it from?" I ask back.

"Brian."

Knew it.

There was a moment of silence before he spoke up once again. "So are you going to answer my question?" He insist as he raise his brow at me. I sigh and put the papers down.

"I'm leaving early so I can pick Jonathan up from work."

His eyes widen and a huge smile plastered on his face. "Really? Why? He could have just drive home himself."

I grunt and sit down on one of the chairs across him. "He doesn't have a car owned." I replied back. He then raise his brow.

"Then buy him one." He simply suggested. I shake my head and cross my arms.