Chapter 22

Sorry for not updating last week so here's a double update. This time it's Jon's POV. ^^ I hope ye enjoy!

______________________________________

Jonathan's POV

After what happened that day, I never get to sleep comfortably in the room I'm staying at Luke's house. A couple of days after it happened my belongings were finally sent by mr. Lance. Luke ordered his servants to put my luggages on the room I'm staying at and helped me arranged it. It's not easy at first because I'm still getting used to my new surrounding. I never stayed at Luke's house for this long so I'm not really used to how things go but I get the hang of it after a week. When it is my work days, Luke will kindly drive me there and pick me up so I don't have to ride a cab.

It's been two weeks since I left that house and right now it's my work hours when Kryoz suddenly called me.

"Jon, someone wants to talk to you." He said. I frown and look up .

"Who?" I asked. He then just shrug.

"Someone who looks professional."

My eyes widen and I put down the icing holder. I wipe my hands on the apron and went outside. Kryoz then pointed on a certain direction and I follow my eyes where he's pointing at and saw a man in a formal attire and waiting patiently. To be precise, a business man. My eyes squint and I started to walk towards the man's direction. As soon as I get near him he notice my presence and fixed himself to look professional. I sit on the opposite side of him, making the table to be the only thing separating us.

"Good morning, mr. Fon-"

"Jonathan." I cut him off while crossing my arms. He took a sharp inhale and fix his tie.

"I'm Brian Hanby." He continue and offer his hand for a handshake. I didn't accept it and just glare at him. He retreat his hand and feel uncomfortable by my glare.

"How did you know that I'm here? And how did you know that I'm the Fong's husband? Our marriage is not exposed to the media and stays as a secret between our families." I whisper in a threatening tone. Why does everybody knows about it? Their so called 'private' thing was not effective since almost everyone who comes at me knew that.

He doesn't look fazed and just stare at me.

"I'm their secretary and I'm there when the wedding happened. Didn't you notice me? I'm your husband's best man." Best man? Really?

"How am I sure that you're not bluffing that you're really the secretary of the Fong?" I challenge. He put his hand inside his coat and grab a card and id and handing it to me.

"Here." He said. I accept it and read it. When I think it seems legit I hand it back and ask a question.

"So what are you doing here mr. Secretary?" I ask.

"Please, just call me Brian and the CEO would like to talk with you right now so I would appreciate it if you come with me without any objection." He answer with a straight face. I frown. My father-in-law wants to talk to me?

"What for?" I ask again. He took a deep breath before leaning forward with both of his hands tangled together on the table.

"You see, the heir, which is your husband, is an excellent worker for all these years." He started. I snarl and scoff. So?

"But lately, he's been spacing out and forgetting the things he should finish on the said deadlines." He added and sip some on his coffee.

"And what does it have to do with me?" I countered back and cross my arms. He put the cup down and stare at me.